If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- UW Softball got things started right at the College World Series last night with a 3-1 win over Oregon.
- UW (49-12) will play the #10 seed Oklahoma tonight at 6:30 PM on ESPN. The Sooners (57-9) beat Baylor 6-3 last night. Here’s a Day 1 recap.
Watch the joyful highlights from Oklahoma City:
Another look at the play that helped save the game for the Dawgs:
Shortstop earns second-team honors:
- Kickoff times and TV info have been released for four Husky football Games, including the season opener at Rutgers which will air on Fox Sports 1 at 5pm.
- Sun Devil Source (ASU’s Scout equivalent of Dawgman) ranks the Pac-12 secondaries and linebacking corps. UW is atop one of those lists.
Baseball places eight on the All Pac-12 team, led by first-teamers Joey Morgan, Noah Bremer, and MJ Hubbs:
Began at 8:30 this morning in Gold River, CA:
- New men’s basketball coach Mike Hopkins will have his work cut out for him when the Huskies travel to Kansas to play the Jayhawks. Kansas has won the Big-12 title 13 years in a row. Watch Hopkins interview with the Seattle Times’ Percy Allen here.