If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
Props to our readers who shared a few of these links in yesterday’s comment section...
- Head Coach Chris Petersen received the 2017 Gene Stallings Award for his humanitarian work - both in his coaching philosophy and his activity with the Make A Wish Foundation.
- Phil Steele predicts Washington to be No. 8 in the preseason AP Poll.
- According to Twitter account, the Huskies have offered 2019 DB prospect Jacob Asa Turner. Here are some highlights via Hudl.
- Per Ian Rapoport, John Ross has signed a 4-year $17.1 million contract with the Cincinnati Bengals.
- NFL Nation reporters at ESPN named secondary buddies Budda Baker and Kevin King as the best rookies on their respective teams.
- Former Huskies wide receiver standout Jaydon Mickens is turning heads at the Oakland Raiders rookie camp.
- CBS Sports counts down the top Power 5 coaches, 8 Pac-12 teams fall in the #26-#65 range.
- The Minnesota Lynx waived Chantel Osahor yesterday...hopefully she can find a roster spot in the WNBA.
- According to 247 Sports, the Huskies have offered 2018 3-star center Bryan Penn-Johnson. At 6-foot-11, Penn-Johnson has a handful of scholarship offers from major D1 programs.
- The Orange County Catholic profiles Mater Dei product, Mike Hopkins.
- And lastly, on a sadder note, Husky legend George Irvine passed away at the age of 69 on Tuesday. Irvine played for the Huskies from 1967-70.
- The Huskies come in at No. 8 in the latest NFCA college softball rankings.
Have a great Hump Day, Husky fans. #GoHuskies