If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- From ESPN’s Erik McKinney (I don’t pay for Insider and I’m assuming most of you don’t either):
“The 2018 class recruiting rankings are out and Washington leads the way for the Pac-12, as the Huskies check in at No. 8 nationally. The Huskies are led by quarterback Jacob Sirmon, the nation's No. 2 pocket passer and one of just 13 five-star prospects. Fellow Washington quarterback commit Colson Yankoff made a significant jump in the rankings, moving from No. 295 all the way up to No. 82, and the nation's No. 7 pocket passer. The ESPN 300 commits are rounded out by a pair of wide receivers, in No. 122 Marquis Spiker and No. 291 Austin Osborne. There's plenty more depth at the offensive skill position, as those two are joined by big receiver Devin Culp and dynamic skill position prospect Trey Lowe.”
If you’re curious, they have 1-7 as follows: (1)Miami, (2)Penn State, (3)Ohio State, (4)Clemson, (5)LSU, (6)Florida State and (7)Notre Dame. USC was ranked 9th.
- UW Quarterback Jake Browning is reportedly throwing “pain free” and he’s now back to leading the 1’s on offense.
- Listen to DawgManRadio’s Day-13 of Spring camp podcast.
- And Adam Jude JUST dropped the newest Husky Headlines Podcast featuring Bob Condotta and an interview with Myles Gaskin.
- The Spring Game is this Saturday! Fan Fest starts at 10am and the “game” starts at Noon. I’ll be there taking notes (drinking) and you should too!
- SI sits down with the NBA’s likely No. 1 pick, UW’s Markelle Fultz.
- Seattle Time’s Matt Calkins says that Husky Fans must be patient with the new Women’s BB coach.