If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Pittsburgh Steelers’ SB Nation blog, Behind the Steel Curtain, says Joe Mathis is the most well rounded edge defender in this draft class. They’re also confident he’ll have a huge day at the NFL combine. Looking at recent pictures of Mathis, it’s hard to argue.
- Behind the Steel Curtain also had an exclusive interview with Mr. Mathis himself, after he reached out to them on Twitter!
- Fresh off the heals of signing 18 prospects for the 2017 class, Adam Jude looks back at the 2015 class, which might be one of UW’s best ever.
- Eastern Washington’s Cooper Kupp showed himself well at the Senior Bowl and improved his draft stock with his strong performance.
- Should not be a surprise to anyone, but UW Women’s basketball star Kelsey Plum was named a finalist for the Lieberman Award, given to the best point guard in the country.
- Plum is also joined by her spectacular teammate Chantel Osahor as two of the 30 finalists for the Naismith Trophy.
Budda Baker: Versatile, can play back-end or in slot. Cover, hit, blitz at elite levels. Mental/physical capability to freelance/make plays.— Jordan Plocher (@PFF_Jordan) February 6, 2017
Joe Mathis: Prior to foot injury he was the highest graded edge rusher in the Pac-12. Graded positively as a run defender the last 3 years.— Jordan Plocher (@PFF_Jordan) February 6, 2017
John Ross: Some teams are REALLY going to like him so he could go very early. Explosive, twitchy, game changer. Embarrassed NFL-caliber CBs.— Jordan Plocher (@PFF_Jordan) February 6, 2017