If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan’s lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
Former Vegas Oddsmaker:
- History, however, is not on the UW’s side. Our friends at Black Shoe Diaries point out that Penn State is 6-0 all time in the Fiesta Bowl.
- Adam Jude details the inspiration Byron Murphy draws from his cousins. The two have a rare form of dwarfism, and will be among the 90 or so friends and family who will watch Murphy play in his home state tomorrow.
- Jude also gives us a little compare and contrast on the two feature RBs in tomorrow’s game. Spoiler alert: They’re both fans of each other.
- Larry Stone with a feature on Salvon Ahmed, who is learning the virtue of patience as a runner from Myles Gaskin.
- 247 Sports likes what Chris Petersen is doing in the recruiting game, and breaks down UW’s 11th ranked 2018 class.
Dawgman’s Fiesta Bowl coverage:
- Game Preview
- Media Day
- Staff Predictions
- Interview with KJ Carta-Samuels on his final game as a Husky
Go Dawgs indeed:
- The Daily has a nice media day slideshow, especially if you like Jenga.
- The Pac-12 is now 1-5 in bowl games after Stanford was edged by TCU and Wazzu was run off the field by Michigan State. ASU plays NC State at noon, and USC plays Ohio State tonight at 5:30.
Mike Leach's Wazzu tenure would look phenomenal if you just took away FCS openers, Apple Cups and bowl games.— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) December 29, 2017
Dawgman Guys on KJR this morning at 10:00:
Matisse Thybulle is first in the Pac-12 in steals and fourth in the NCAA. He is also sixth in @UW_MBB history for career steals at 147.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) December 29, 2017
The rundown via #UWDataPoints. #TougherTogether
>> https://t.co/sSswQrF8Sp pic.twitter.com/88SDDChZON
Last time Chris Petersen coached in the Fiesta Bowl: