If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan’s lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the dots!
- Adam Jude of the Seattle Times writes that Jake Browning and Myles Gaskin are stars who aren’t very keen on a bright spotlight.
- Matt Lubick is going to be calling plays for the Huskies in place of Jonathan Smith who took the head coaching job at Oregon State.
- Freshman TE Hunter Bryant is practicing and has a chance to play for the first time in two months.
- Jon McGrath at the Tacoma News Tribune writes that the fact that many Husky fans are disappointed with the Fiesta Bowl is a sign of how far things have come.
- The UW Daily has a Q&A with the college football writer for the Penn State newspaper.
- Ryan Clark at the TNT previews the Penn State secondary.
- Penn State dismissed two members of the team yesterday including a linebacker who started 9 games.
- Percy Allen of the Seattle Times writes that the win over Kansas looks even better now that the Huskies collected $90,000 to be an apparently not so free win for the Jayhawks. The Huskies start non-conference play at USC on Friday.
- Matt Calkins of the Times wrote that it’s too soon to think that the 10-3 Huskies could actually make the NCAA tournament.
- Get to know Tony Castricone who is the current broadcaster for the basketball team and will take over for Bob Rondeau in football as well next season.
- 2018 UW Commit Jamal Bey was named tournament MVP at the Tarkanian Classic while averaging 23.3 points including a 38 points and 12 rebounds game.
- Josh Gershon at 247Sports ($$$) thinks that Bey’s ranking will go way up after seeing him in person this event. He’s currently 289th in the composite rankings.
You can follow me for all the latest UW Basketball news @UWDP_maxvroom