If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow Ryan Priest on Twitter and subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects.
Onto the Dots!
- The College football world was stunned Monday when Oregon State announced that head football coach Gary Andersen had agreed to mutually part ways with the school. Andersen struggled during his time at Corvallis, he was just 7-23 through roughly 2 1⁄2 years, but Monday’s announcement was still shocking.
- The most shocking development? Andersen left over 12 million the table when he agreed to part ways with the Beavs.
- John Canzano from the Oregonian had a great article breaking down why Andersen decided to walk away from Oregon State.
- Speculation about who will take over for Andersen has started, and it includes two Huskies coordinators. Bruce Feldman from Sports Illustrated has mentioned Offensive Coordinator Jonathan Smith as one of the two early favorites for the job. Feldman also says that fans shouldn’t be surprised if OSU decides to target Co-Defensive Coordinator Jimmy Lake.
- The Huskies moved up to #5 in the AP Poll, and to #4 in the Coaches Poll following their 38-7 victory over Cal Saturday.
- UW’s Football Recruiting Twitter account had a cool highlight video from last Saturday’s game. Spoiler alert: Our defense hits hard.
- Kirk Herbstreit went on 710 ESPN Radio to explain the comments he made on Gameday last saturday. Adam Jude of the Seattle Times has the transcription of those comments here.
The Men’s basketball team had their team photo shoot yesterday. Here is a behind the scenes video of yesterday’s shoot, courtesy of the UW Men’s Basketball twitter account.