Good morning, Husky fans. I’m writing today from an outlook in Switzerland where I have taken up residence in a hotel on the shores of Lake Geneva. I’ve got some business here today, but it comes second to my duty to you as a facilitator of debate and a sharer of your daily dots.
This is serious stuff.
Men’s Basketball is the theme today where our survey indicates significant optimism about the recruited talent coming into UW just as significant pessimism about the prospects of Lorenzo Romar’s tenure as head coach reaches new heights. Dare I say it ... “Swiss Alps heights”.
These are your Dots.
- The heavy favorite to become the next top overall pick in the NBA draft, UW point guard Markelle Fultz was put the question about whether or not he felt he made a mistake in going to play for Lorenzo Romar. His answer may surprise you.
- The basketball season has been nothing short of a disaster leaving Husky fans everywhere asking “why”? For Romar, the answer is quite simple.
- Is Romar a candidate for another major college job?
- A major consideration in Romar’s UW job security relates to his coming recruiting classes.
In the latest ESPN Class of 2017 Rankings, UW now has 4 in the Top 100 - M. Porter Jr (#1), D. Davis (#44), J. Nowell (#54), B. Harris #(99)— UW Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) January 24, 2017
- Missing the weekly PAC 12 power rankings from the UWDP? If you are yearning for a 2017 football season recap, PAC.com has a full review for your pleasure.
- Did you hear that Jim Harbaugh is taking his team to Rome. That would be Rome, ITALY ... for football training. Is the arms race in college football going too far?
- Some welcome news for Husky football fans
First time lacing up a pair of cleats in months— Azeem Victor (@azeem_vic36) January 24, 2017
- National Signing Day is just a week away. Thanks to new FAU coach Lane Kiffin for reminding us why it can be such a ghastly business. Or maybe Kiff is just a ghastly person.
- On actual Husky football recruiting news, Chris Petersen appears to be responding to the Marlon Tuipolutu USC flip by targeting a hot USC DL prospect who had a good week at the Polynesian Bowl.
- If you are an OKG, you get these kinds of letters:
- Speaking of OKGs, Husky star Elijah Qualls is starting to get mocked up in NFL Draft forecasts. Based on this most recent one, should he have thought twice about waiting one more year?
- John Wilner, a columnist with a notorious love/hate relationship with UW Football, put together his early preview of the 2017 PAC 12 football season.