If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- It’s football season, which means that Chris Mitchell’s Emmy Award-winning series The Pursuit is back.
- Adam Jude, Christian Caple and the Dawgman crew have more photos and videos from yesterday’s first fall practice than you know what to do with.
- Caple’s feature story focuses on Budda Baker, who leads one of the deepest defensive secondaries in America.
- Jude writes that UW’s defensive coaches and players are determined not to let last year’s success go to their heads.
- Seattle Times columnist Matt Calkins says that the outcome of Chris Petersen’s third season at UW could be a pivotal juncture in how he is viewed as a head coach.
- USA Today discusses the results of the preseason coaches poll, which includes Washington at No. 18.
- Kevin Gemmell chooses Washington’s trip to Utah as his Week No. 9 destination in the “Ultimate Road Trip” series.
- Very sad news out of Tucson yesterday, where Arizona offensive lineman Zach Hemmila passed away in his sleep.
- There’s a very cool photo gallery available of the women’s basketball team’s experiences in Australia so far, which included an 88-47 victory in yesterday’s exhibition game against the Southern District Spartans.