- In case you missed it, the AP released its preseason top 25 poll yesterday, with the Huskies ranked 14th. Check out yesterday’s discussion thread here.
- Adam Jude has 10 takeaways from fall camp, and reports on the flashes of talent freshmen linebackers Camilo Eifler and Brandon Wellington have shown. In addition, Jude talks about linebacker Psalm Wooching’s progression from ‘loose cannon’ to senior leader.
- Three Washington players appear on ESPN’s preseason all-Pac-12 team, all of them on the defensive side of the ball. Budda Baker also made an appearance on the publication’s preseason All-American team.
- A popular thread on the Reddit /r/CFB page examines the causes behind Washington’s tidal wave of hype this offseason.
- Ted Miller discusses the Washington/Oregon rivalry in his latest mailbag.
- Sports Illustrated’s Lindsay Schnell wonders about the Pac-12’s chances of landing a team in the College Football Playoff. (I do wonder about that 2-1 non-conference projection for the Huskies, though. To whom do they think Washington will lose among Rutgers, Idaho and Portland State?)
- Kyle Bonagura says that USC coach Clay Helton made the right call in naming Max Browne the Trojans’ starter.
- Notre Dame’s head coach Brian Kelly dropped the hammer on senior safety Max Redfield by kicking him off of the team for his role in an incident that resulted in the arrest of six Fighting Irish players this weekend.
Dots: Budda Baker Named Preseason All-American
The Huskies have young talent at linebacker, Budda Baker is regarded as one of the nation’s best safeties, and Sports Illustrated wonders about the conference’s chances of landing a College Football Playoff representative in today’s Dots.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.