If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Great story from The Seattle Times Larry Stone on Azeem Victor recently launching the Azeem's Dream Foundation to help at risk youth from his hometown of Compton, CA.
- Myles Gaskin is really good (in case you need reminding, here's this from Pro Football Focus), but how do he and the Husky runners rank among Pac-12 running back groups?
- The new Vicis Helmets the Huskies are wearing are receiving positive reviews so far, except in the style department.
- Athlon Sports ranks the top 50 defensive backfields in college football, and not surprisingly, the Huskies find themselves in a very favorable spot.
- Sports Illustrated pre-season round table discussion comes to teams ranked too high, and again not surprisingly, the Huskies are right in the mix of that discussion.
- A few days old, but new Rutgers head man Chris Ash (former DC at Ohio State) spoke some words at Rutgers media day. SB Nation's Rutgers affiliate, On The Banks, breaks down those words.
- Husky Track and Field star Jeremy Taiwo is competing in Rio!
Jeremy Taiwo's Olympic run is underway!! Posts an 11.01 time in the 100-meters. #Rio2016 pic.twitter.com/LkgfHCIku6— UW Track (@UWTrack) August 17, 2016
.@UWTrack alum @diami_pc is the first female pole vaulter to represent #PUR in the Olympics. #RioDawgs pic.twitter.com/uQ5LpmsvHt— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) August 16, 2016