If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- The defense continues to grab most of the headlines from practice, but the offense did make some plays on day four of fall camp.
- Great photo gallery of yesterday's practice here.
- Adam Jude reports that Tony Rodriguez and K.J. Carta-Samuels are in a fierce but friendly battle for the No. 2 quarterback job.
- Christian Caple's practice recap includes interviews with OC Jonathan Smith and Chico McClatcher.
- More Caple, this time regarding the well-received debut of the new Vicis Zero1 helmets.
- The AP Top 25 doesn't come out until August 21st, but John Wilner released his Top 25 on College Hotline. He has UW 10th, citing their "first-class defense" and favorable schedule.
- Pacific Takes predicts eight Pac-12 teams getting to bowl games this season, with the Huskies in the Grand Daddy of all the Frozen Poultry Bowls.
- Scott Eklund has this interview with the new and improved Vita Vea, who is now 300 lbs. That's down 60 pounds from when he first arrived at UW.
Dawgman guys with their 20-minute take on Day Four:
A little bit of this:
- Dawgman has more practice videos from Thursday.
QB transferred from UW to Utah:
Kyle Whittinghan said today that Troy Williams "has the edge" at being starting quarterback this fall. Not yet the starter, but separating.— Kyle Goon (@kylegoon) August 11, 2016
- Nine former UW crew members will row for medals today and tomorrow in Rio.
- Former UW golfer CT Pan shot a two-under 69 in the first round of the Men's Olympic Individual Stroke Play. Pan is playing for his native Chinese Taipei.
- "Seven" is indeed the preseason lucky number for UW; the Volleyball team earns the same ranking from the AVCA as the football team received from Sports Illustrated.
- Over 100 NCAA basketball coaches were polled by CBS sports. The question: which player would you want to add to your team? Markelle Fultz came in just behind Duke's Grayson Allen for the top spot. Among the things said about Fultz: "He is a game and program changer. He's like a Swiss Army knife."
- Awesome photo gallery of the Women's Hoop team's happenings down under. They routed an Aussie Semi-Pro team 101-54 for their second straight win.
I don’t know what is worse; the audio, the video or Lambright’s shirt. Nevertheless, WHAMMY!