If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Pro Football Focus lists seven "dark-horse" candidates for the Heisman Trophy. YAWN... another Husky who will set the world on fire in 2016.
- That same Husky player also makes a PFF list with our favorite off-season buzzword: Breakout player.
- Dawgman's "Getting to Know" series continues with interviews of incoming UW freshmen. Read about WR Aaron Fuller here. Premium members have access to Brandon Wellington and Levi Onwuzurike as well.
- Jon Wilner's College Hotline features a Q&A with Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott regarding the revenue gap between the Pac-12 and other conferences.
- Keith Price is trying to make the B.C. Lions, and it looks like he will as the third-string QB. Mike Beamish of the Vancouver Sun says he is the right fit.
- Chris Petersen and his staff continue to comb Utah for talent, this time with an offer to an offensive tackle.
Husky Roundtable from Wednesday discusses Jake Browning and more:
- Marquese Chriss and Dejounte Murray are now NBA rookies. Dawgman spoke to hoops guru Aaron Beach about the two Huskies and how this affects UW recruiting going forward.
- Matt Calkins of the Seattle Times wonders why UW can recruit great NBA-level talent, but can't seem translate that into wins.
- Here is the Seattle Times article on the Husky duo with contract details and more.
- Bright Side of the Sun says Phoenix gambled and went for a big payoff drafting Chriss in addition to fellow lottery big-man Dragan Bender.
- Pounding the Rock looks at Murray and his potential to develop into a sixth man role.
Speaking of recruiting, this can't hurt:
"Washington, they produce pros. A guy that comes out of Washington is a guy that is ready to play in the NBA." pic.twitter.com/DFyQTedT1C— UW Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) June 23, 2016
- UW runner Baylee Mires may have wrapped up her Husky career, but she wore the gold "W" on her chest as she qualified for the Olympic Trials last week. Watch her qualifying run here.
- ICYMI, UW stopper Troy Rallings added to his accolades with the biggest honor yet: The first Husky ever to be voted first team All-American by the American Baseball Coaches Association.
UW Golf Honors from Golfweek:
Congrats again to @coreyperalta on earning honorable mention All-American honors from Golfweek!!! pic.twitter.com/c1o6Z6PsC8— UW Men's Golf (@UW_MGolf) June 23, 2016
Congrats to @UWCoachMLM, @C_Thomas54 and @YingCathy9 on earning national recognition from GolfWeek!! #NATIONALCHAMPS pic.twitter.com/6ec57klySF— UW Women's Golf (@UW_WGolf) June 23, 2016
Commercial from the 90's: