- 2018 LB Solomon Tuliaupupu has seen his stock rise over the past few months and Washington is one of the schools he's looking forward to visiting.
- UW picked up a commitment from Aussie punter Joel Whitford this week and Chris Fetters breaks down how that commitment impacts Washington's class.
- The offensive line dominoes began to fall this week, unfortunately they did not fall in UW's favor as Husky targets Brett Neilon and Alex Forsyth committed to USC and Oregon respectively.
Fight on!✌ ️ #committed pic.twitter.com/soVIFxkZQE— Brett Neilon (@brettn110) June 8, 2016
BLESSED TO BE A DUCK pic.twitter.com/FvB4pKVyKx— Alex Forsyth (@alexforsyth75) June 11, 2016
- Some good news on the OL front is that top UW target Alijah Vera-Tucker will be on campus this week for a visit. UW seems to be doing well with him.
✈️ ✈️ ✈️ pic.twitter.com/cLfDkiyBFI— Alijah Vera-Tucker (@yung_lijh) June 7, 2016
- Scout updated their Top 300 rankings this week and a number of Washington commits and targets made some big moves. Connor Wedington earned a 4th star and moved up to 269th in the overall rankings. Marlon Tuipulotu jumped nearly 150 spots to 84th and he's now the 5th ranked DT nationally. Hunter Bryant is now the 3rd ranked TE in the nation and he now sits just outside the top 100 at 107. With these moves, Washington's class is now the 14th best in the country.
- Connor Wedington had quite a week. Along with earning a 4th star and jumping into Scout's Top 300, he also earned an invite to The Opening finals. UW will have 3 commits at The Opening in July.
Congrats to ATH Connor Wedington of Sumner (Washington) on being invited to #TheOpening Finals! #UDUB #GOTOPEN pic.twitter.com/JlL7Gog1bm— The Opening (@TheOpening) June 7, 2016
- 3-star Elite 11 QB Jake Haener updated Brandon Huffman on his recruitment and he says that Washington came down to watch him throw this week. Haener would be a guy UW would go after if they missed out on both Jack Sears and Chase Garbers.
- 2018 safety Jaiden Woodbey was offered by Washington at one of their satellite camps this week. He spoke with Scott Eklund about his interest in the Huskies.
- Local 4-star OL Henry Bainivalu spoke with Scott Eklund this week about his recruitment. He says that Washington, USC, UCLA, Michigan, and Cal are the schools standing out the most to him.
- 3-star QB Chase Garbers, who began his visit to Washington today, has had a whirlwind of a month competing in a number of camps and tournaments, including the Elite 11. He held his own at the Elite 11 against the top QBs in the country and 247Sports named him the most consistent prospect at the camp. Elite 11 coaches chose 12 QBs to take to The Opening finals and Greg Biggins heard Garbers just missed the cut having been ranked 13th.
Solid job by SS staff on this years Elite 11, we had 11-12 and missed on Chase Garbers who we heard was the 13th man https://t.co/dQ9xiB1M5c— Greg Biggins (@GregBiggins) June 6, 2016
- ($) Chris Fetters and Scott Eklund posted a podcast this morning that focuses on football recruiting and as always it's worth a listen.