If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- A member of the UW Board of Regents slammed former Athletic Director Scott Woodward for not alerting anyone to the growing budget deficit. Other board members agree, saying this should have been dealt with a year ago.
- Former UW receiver Kasen Williams was once a touted NFL prospect. Almost three years removed from his Lisfranc injury, he is mentioned in this article as impressing at Seahawk OTAs.
- Seniors Darrell Daniels and Kevin King will be Washington's representatives at the Pac-12 media day July 14 and 15.
- Elite 11 QB prospect Tate Martell is down to five schools, not including UW. With his history of changing his mind, the Dawgs probably still have a great chance.
- ESPN roundtable listed the best setting in each of the power five conferences. Could the Pac-12 choice really be anywhere besides the shores of Montlake?
- This sucks. UW great Hau'oli Kikaha has torn his ACL for the third time. It will cost him the entire 2016 season.
- Mason Kelley with a nice profile of Psalm Wooching, who will be the first person in his family to earn a college degree.
- The Utah Jazz posted video of Dejounte Murray's pre-draft workout interview.
Looks good for Romar and company:
ESPN's @PaulBiancardi believes the Michael Porter and Trae Young package is "not going to happen." Porter a lock to Washington.— Chip Miller (@BLUEChip_Miller) June 9, 2016
- Husky baseball commit Christian Jones of Federal Way was named the Tacoma News Tribune's All-Area player of the year.
- No surprise here as Women's Golf coach Mary Lou Mulflur was named Pac-12 coach of the year.
- Christian Caple profiles UW distance runner Izaic Yorks, one of the top 1500-meter runners in the nation. Yorks was selected a first-team All-American.
Other UW track honors:
Also was officially an 11th-place tie today for Liz, getting Second Team All-America honors. pic.twitter.com/tbK88OpRNu— UW Track (@UWTrack) June 10, 2016
Another first-time All-American today, soph Anna Maxwell secured Second Team honors in the 1,500m! pic.twitter.com/1ah3YJA6Yh— UW Track (@UWTrack) June 10, 2016