- 4-star safety Brandon McKinney spoke to Scott Eklund about his interest in the Huskies. He says he has a great relationship with the coaches and is excited to visit Montlake again. Brandon was at UW for the Utah game last fall and really enjoyed the game day atmosphere. He was expected to make the trip up to Seattle this week, but Chris Petersen wanted him to wait until his mom could join him. He'll likely reschedule that visit for later in the summer.
- A new QB offer went out this week to 3-star Carona Del Mar (Calif.) signal caller Chase Garbers. Garbers has long been high on the Huskies and he has numerous family ties to the school. With UW finally extending an offer, the Huskies will likely move up to near the top of his list. He expects to make a commitment around the end of June or early July. You can watch his tape here.
- ($) Washington is the latest school to enter the race for fast-rising West Linn (Ore.) OL Alex Forsyth, who has accumulated nearly 20 offers thus far. Forsyth was up at UW for junior day last month and Petersen's 'Built For Life' philosophy really impressed him. Alex says he is hoping to make his decision before the start of his senior season.
- Husky coaches are doing well with 3-star Scottsdale Saguaro (Ariz.) safety KJ Jarrell. Jarrell is a teammate of 2016 signee Byron Murphy, who has been in KJ's ear about joining him up in Seattle. Jarrell has formed strong relationships with Jimmy Lake and Jordan Paopao. He is hoping to make a visit up to Montlake some time this summer.
- Greg Biggins takes a look at some of the top quarterbacks out West and where they could end up. Among the prospects are a few Washington targets.
- As part of their 'Five-Star Friday' series, Sports Illustrated profiles Graham-Kapowsin OL Foster Sarell. If you've been following Foster's recruitment you won't find much new info in the SI article, but it's always neat to see local talent receiving national attention.
- Another offer that went out this week was to 4-star 2018 DE Max Wright out of Katy, TX:
Blessed to say I have received an offer from Washington #gohuskies pic.twitter.com/zTN0qfJTJe— Max Wright (@maxwright2k18) May 2, 2016