- Some early betting lines are out and UW is favored by nearly 3 touchdowns over Rutgers. The Oregon and WSU games are expected to be much closer matchups.
- Sporting News ranked the top backfields in the Pac-12 and Washington comes in at #5. They also ranked the top 25 running backs returning in 2016 and Myles Gaskin is placed just outside the top 15.
- Off-season articles are in full effect and Fox Sports' Stewart Mandel threw his hat into the ring yesterday with a piece that attempts to predict what the college football landscape will look like in the year 2026. It's ... interesting, to say the least.
- The Oakland Raiders held their rookie minicamp over the weekend and one of the standout performers was former Husky Jaydon Mickens.
- Another day, another preseason top 25 ranking. This one from Athlon Sports has UW as the top ranked Pac-12 squad at #11.
- Adam Jude examines the Huskies' preseason hype and compares Chris Petersen's record in his first two seasons with some notable coaches in the program's history.
- The Sacramento Bee profiles Marquese Chriss and the fast track he's taken to the NBA. Chriss says he never planned on being a one-and-done, but decided to take a shot at professional basketball after a stretch of good games towards the end of UW's season.
- The women's team landed a big time transfer in former Nebraska guard Natalie Romeo, a 5-star prospect out of high school. Romeo set a Nebraska school record after making 104 three-pointers last season. Natalie is good friends with and a former teammate of Sabrina Ionescu, the #4 prospect in the 2016 class who has the Huskies in her top 2.
- MADE Hoops caught up with 5-star 2017 PG Trae Young. Trae says that Romar's hiring of Michael Porter Sr. will make him look a little closer at Washington, but he was already strongly considering the Huskies to begin with.
- The softball regular season has concluded and the Huskies (36-13) have received the #11 seed in the NCAA tournament. They'll host their opening round regional this weekend and face off against Weber State at the Husky Softball Stadium.
- UW pitcher Troy Rallings is pretty good.
- The Huskies did not take home the Pac-12 championship over the weekend, but the men's team did put on their best performance in the history of the program, coming in 2nd place with 122 points.