- Brandon Huffman caught up with the West's top OLB Addison Gumbs about the visits he took this spring. Gumbs says he loved the environment up at UW and he has a good relationship with the coaches who are recruiting him.
- New Washington pledge Hunter Bryant opened up about his decision to commit to the Huskies. He says he had recently been leaning towards UCLA after a couple of really good trips down to LA, but ultimately he felt that his best fit was close to home at UW.
- Washington's QB recruiting is expected to be sorted out in the next month or two. The main prospect the Huskies are focused on right now is 3-star San Clemente (CA) signal caller Jack Sears. It sounds like Sears could be a UCLA lean at this point and if things don't work out with him, UW will set their sights on Chase Garbers from Corona Del Mar and Nick Sipe out of Villa Park, CA. Sipe says he likes Washington a lot and is hoping to hear more from UW soon. Nick's coach was up at Washington's coaches clinic a couple weeks ago and was told that the Washington staff is interested in his QB. You can watch Sipe's tape here.
- 2018 WR Austin Osborne has seen his recruitment take off in the last couple of months and already has offers from Michigan, Oregon, Arizona State, Louisville, and Washington. Osborne is excited about the UW offer and he had had a great first impression of Bush Hamdan. Austin is planning to camp with the Huskies this summer.
- RB Najee Harris, the top overall recruit in the 2017 class, took some people by surprise when he visited Montlake last month. He's still thought to be a solid Alabama commit, but he says he really enjoyed his trip up to Washington.
- 4-star CB Thomas Graham decommitted from USC last month and has seen his recruitment blow up. He talked to Greg Biggins this week about potential visits and says that Washington could be a school he checks out. He says he likes the Huskies a lot and has a solid relationship with Jimmy Lake.
- Sounds like the satellite camp(s) that Washington had planned for this summer are back on:
Right on cue: University of Washington compliance has green-lighted UW for satellite camps this summer, per source. #UWHuskies— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) April 28, 2016