- Washington is starting to dabble a little more in the southeast and one recruit they're doing well with is 3-star ATH Jaiden Cole. UW was his first offer and he says he has formed a strong bond with Keith Bhonapha. Cole is planning on making the trip out to the northwest for a visit some time in May.
- 4-star safety Chaz Ah You from Provo has been hearing quite a bit from Washington coaches and he says he loves the level at which the Huskies play on defense. He's close with both Jimmy Lake and Pete Kwiatkowski and is hoping to take a visit to Montlake soon. Ah You is Mormon and will take his 2-year mission immediately after graduating high school, so the earliest he would be available would likely be the 2019 season.
- UW is making a strong early impression on 4-star 2018 RB TJ Pledger who says that he will be visiting Seattle for the spring preview on April 23rd.
- Another RB hearing a lot from Washington is 4-star 2017 prospect Drake Beasley. He says that he is hoping to visit UW either later this spring or during the summer.
- Washington made a strong impression on 3-star OL Brett Neilon. His visit was only supposed to be a quick one day trip, but he ended up coming back the next day because he enjoyed it so much. He says that UW definitely moved up his list and said the coaching staff really stood out. He loves the fact that Washington coaches are just as focused on setting their players up for success off the field as they are on the field.
Great day at UDub pic.twitter.com/w2OaWG6IzL— Brett Neilon (@brettn110) March 29, 2016
- Neilon was accompanied on his visit by teammate and 2018 TE prospect Jake Peters. Peters loved his trip to UW as well and he made an immediate connection with TE coach Jordan Paopao. He says he plans on camping with the Huskies this summer.
- After whiffing on every elite receiver they offered in the 2016 class, UW fans will be happy to know that the Huskies are doing very well with 4-star WR Terrell Bynum. Washington has been among the top choices for Bynum since they offered him last May and they rolled out the red carpet for him this week. He visited Washington this week with his parents and all of them loved their time in Seattle. He told Dawgman that he is done with visits and has a good idea of where he'll commit. Terrell is hoping to make his announcement at The Opening camp this summer. The Huskies are in a great spot with him.
- The highest rated recruit on campus this week was 5-star OL and 13th overall ranked prospect Wyatt Davis out of St. John Bosco. Davis said he was blown away by his visit to Montlake. From the academic support to the facilities, Davis loved everything he saw.
Them All whites pic.twitter.com/ah2BbHZMGJ— Wavy Dub (@wyattdavis53) March 30, 2016
- 3-star RB Cyrus Habibi-Likio was also on campus this week and said he was amazed by what he saw. He said he felt a strong sense of family among the team and was also impressed by the facilities.
- Keith Taylor was also among the visitors and there's no doubt he put on his recruiter hat with all the top talent on Montlake this week:
I wanna go back ... https://t.co/G7KBNJ3gTN— Keith Taylor (@KRTaylor_) April 2, 2016
- 2018 QB Jack Tuttle looks like he enjoyed his time at UW this week:
- 4-star QB Braxton Burmeister was on campus this weekend. The buzz floating around is that UW is in a great spot with him:
2017 four-star La Jolla (Calif.) QB Braxton Burmeister on campus at #Washington to begin his two day visit. Former Arizona commit...— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) April 1, 2016
- 4-star OLB Addison Gumbs has set his visit date:
- Washington sent out some cool new graphics to recruits. Here's one they sent to 4-star DB Deommodore Lennoir:
- 4-star OL Dontae Powell from Richland has committed to WSU. He was on the Huskies' radar, but he had some academic issues and because of that he did not receive an offer from UW:
- Scott Eklund and Brandon Huffman sat down and talked about the latest recruiting news. Be sure to listen to their podcast below: