- The Huskies received a pair of commitments on Saturday from local 4-star TE Hunter Bryant and 3-star WR Alex Cook out of Sacramento.
- Chris Fetters has commitment impact reports on both Bryant and Cook. With those two commitments the Huskies now currently have the top recruiting class in the Pac-12 and the #17 overall class in the country, according to Scout.
- Washington quietly picked up a third commitment on the day, this one from local 2016 DB Zechariah Brown who will be a walk-on. Here is his Hudl tape.
I am excited to announce that I have committed to UW where I will be furthering my football and educational careers! pic.twitter.com/Mh7yal1YMF— Zack ⭐️ (@ZechariahBrown6) April 24, 2016
- Scott Eklund caught up with 4-star UCLA DE commit Hunter Echols who visited Montlake last weekend. He says he loved his visit and though the thought of committing crossed his mind, he is still happy with his commitment to the Bruins.
- Washington commit Connor Wedington tells Brandon Huffman that he's doing his best to take as many local prospects with him to UW as he can.
- There's a bit of a competition going on among UW commits to be the best recruiter in the class:
@ConnorWedington I'm still a better recruiter than you.— Terrell Bynum (@TDBynum) April 23, 2016
@TDBynum we'll see how many guys you bring in— Connor Wedington (@ConnorWedington) April 23, 2016
I practically recruited Terrell. Tbh— Keith Taylor (@KRTaylor_) April 14, 2016
- 2018 QB commit Jacob Sirmon updated Scout on his recruitment and says his pledge to Washington is still solid. With Jake Browning being a senior in 2018 and the ability to still be close to his family, Jacob feels the situation is perfect for him at UW.
- The Huskies have been the favorite for 3-star OLB Ariel Ngata for a while now, but could there be other suitors positioned to over take Washington? Oregon and Cal are the Huskies' main contenders for the Folsom product.
- 4-star TE Jimmy Jaggers visited Washington last weekend. He has visited twice before so this trip was mostly about bonding with his potential future teammates. Jimmy loves the coaching staff and the offense and says he will likely make his decision this summer. The Huskies just received a commitment from a 4-star TE this weekend, but Chris Fetters from Dawgman thinks they would still take a commitment from Jaggers.
- The commitment of 4-star DT Marlon Tuipulotu to Washington last weekend shocked a lot of the coaching staffs recruiting him, including UW coaches. One of the things Chris Petersen expects of his commits is that they shut things down and cancel visits to other schools. Tuipulotu spoke with The Oregonian about his commitment and says that it is a possibility that he could take a few visits to make sure he made the right decision. It's important to note that he doesn't have any visits planned and all he's saying is that it's a possibility.
- Terrell Bynum spoke to Today's U about his decision to commit to Washington and said it was all about comfort. He says his trust in the coaching staff and the academics played a big part in his decision.
- One of the fast rising OL prospects out West is 3-star center Michael Saffell out of Huntington Beach. He raved about his recent visit to Washington saying that it's a program with great coaches and facilities and he also loved the Built For Life message.