ICYMI: Washington picked up their 2nd commitment of the 2017 class in local 3-star RB Connor Wedington on Tuesday:
Truly blessed to say I've received an offer & to announce my commitment to the University Of Washington! #Woof pic.twitter.com/lXbkpFqpxU— Connor Wedington (@ConnorWedington) February 10, 2016
- On his decision to commit so early in the process, Wedington told Scott Eklund that he always knew where he wanted to go so there was no point in waiting after he received his offer from UW.
- Some folks around these parts wondered if Wedington's commitment would close the door on Juanita star Salvon Ahmed or at least in some way affect his decision to play for the Huskies. Salvon spoke with Dawgman recently and he says Washington is recruiting him as an athlete, thinking he can play a number of positions on either side of the ball. Ahmed plans to go through the whole recruiting process with the hopes of committing at the US Army All-America game next January.
- 4-star TE Jimmy Jaggers out of Roseville, CA plans on visiting UW at the end of the month. Jaggers, who says he has a great relationship with Jordan Paopao, plans to make his commitment before his senior season and may end up enrolling early next January.
- 4-star QB Tristan Gebbia recently narrowed down his list of schools to a top 5 with the Huskies making the cut. He spoke with Greg Biggins this week about his visit plans and already has dates set with Ole Miss and West Virginia. Tristan has said in the past that he would like to make it back up to UW for their Junior Day.
- ($) In case you were wondering, CB Keith Taylor is still solid with his commitment to Washington:
Four-star Keith Taylor very, very happy with #UDub commitment https://t.co/NP13mtBv3w pic.twitter.com/3VEsuFlnPC— Adam Gorney (@adamgorney) February 10, 2016
- UW struck out on all the top receivers they offered in the 2016 class, but one big name they've already made a big impression on in 2017 is 4-star St. John Bosco WR Terrell Bynum. He spoke with Scott Eklund this week about his interest in Washington saying ($) he talks to the Husky coaches multiple times a week and that they've made it clear to him that he is one of their top priorities. Bynum says he will likely make his commitment this summer.
- Since Petersen and his staff came to Seattle in December of 2013 they have a done a really good job recruiting offensive linemen and 2017 doesn't seem to be any different. One of the names to watch is Bishop O'Dowd stud Alijah Vera-Tucker. O'Dowd head coach Napoleon Kaufman tipped UW coaches off to his star OL last year and Washington was quick to offer. Since then, a number of other programs have come calling and it will be no surprise to see Vera-Tucker emerge as on of the top tackles on the west coast when everything is said and done. Washington is in a great spot with Alijah.
- Chris Fetters of Dawgman has taken a stab on predicting which of the 2016 signees will see the field this year. Part 1 covers players he thinks are nearly locks to redshirt and part 2 covers players he feels have a 50-50 shot at playing this fall.