If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Coach Pete snagged his second commitment in the 2017 class yesterday when Connor Wedington, a three-star running back prospect out of Sumner, Wash., accepted his scholarship offer to the University of Washington. (Very classy move on his part to throw a shout-out to the Huffman family, by the way.)
Truly blessed to say I've received an offer & to announce my commitment to the University Of Washington! #Woof pic.twitter.com/lXbkpFqpxU— Connor Wedington (@ConnorWedington) February 10, 2016
Nice in-state pickup for @UW_Football in @ConnorWedington, could play on either side of the ball. Very instinctual, high level athlete & IQ.— Chris Fetters (@Chris_Fetters) February 10, 2016
Love this pickup for the Huskies. Local prospect, versatile athlete and #AveryStrong https://t.co/pIAkkoo7U6— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) February 10, 2016
- Wedington's commitment caught the attention of Eastlake Catholic four-star athlete Hunter Bryant.
@ConnorWedington congrats fam. uw is building something nice #GoDawgs— Hunter Bryant (@blackbeast88) February 10, 2016
@blackbeast88 Thanks bro! Come join #ClassOf2017— Connor Wedington (@ConnorWedington) February 10, 2016
- Dawgman's Scott Eklund spoke to Wedington about his decision to commit, while Adam Jude and Christian Caple react his his announcement.
- TJ Cotterill wrote an October 2015 profile of Wedington and teammate Josh Riley.
- Late Dot: The UWTV YouTube page uploaded Petersen's signing day press conference from last week, if you missed your chance to see it live.
- Washington checks in at No. 13 in the first edition of ESPN's 2016 Football Power Index.
- The Pac-12 Blog ranks Washington third in their post-signing day power rankings. (It's pretty remarkable to see Pac-12 North teams claim the first four spots.)
- Legendary UW and Stanford defensive line coach Randy Hart is retiring. Stanford posted a great photo album of his time with the Cardinal.
All the best to the great Randy Hart, retiring from @GoStanford. 21 years at UW. Nat'l. champ as player & coach. pic.twitter.com/CVoCy6BLRQ— UW Football (@UW_Football) February 9, 2016
Congratulations 2 my college coach Randy Hart on his retirement,I am grateful for what he has done in my life #DawgNation #washingtonhuskies— Larry Tripplett (@Tripplett75) February 9, 2016
Ex-UW player on @CoachRandyHart: "I love Coach Hart, but I don't like him." Sums up amazing career as coach/mentor. https://t.co/tdsivei2gU— Chris Fetters (@Chris_Fetters) February 9, 2016
- David Lombardi compares how Pac-12 defenses performed in 2015 relative to the previous year.
- Christian Caple profiles shot-blocking phenom Malik Dime.
- OH MY GOD, THAT 'STACHE. THOSE SHORTS. THOSE SOCKS. Everything about this photo is just too damn perfect.
Got a lot of respect for my Uncle Lorenzo Romar. He used to play for my fav team right now the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS pic.twitter.com/fZr7ndw3D9— Kevin Romar (@KevinROMAR) February 10, 2016