If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- John McGrath of The News Tribune wonders if Chris Petersen will channel another underdog coach who was able to pull off a “miracle.”
- Here’s the transcript of this morning’s press conference with Petersen and Nick Saban
- If the Huskies run a trick play tomorrow, might it involve one of the “big uglies?”
- USA Today profiles Saban’s latest reclamation project; former UW coach Steve Sarkisian.
- Christian Caple writes that Taylor Rapp made varsity as a high school freshman partly for the safety of other 9th graders.
- Adam Jude also has a story on Rapp, this one about how playing with his older brother as a kid taught him to lick his wounds.
- Jude writes about freshman guard Nick Harris, a 276-pounder finding success in a 300 lb man’s world.
- Test your Husky knowledge with this Seattle Times Bowl Quiz.
- Lawyer Milloy has some choice words for those who don’t think the Huskies have a chance against Alabama.
- A few UW commits and a rather large Husky target made the 2016 All USA Washington Football Team.
Congrats Danny Shelton:
A couple 2017 Husky commits with big nights:
34 points, 20 rebounds and five assists for Michael Porter Jr in just 22 minutes of 87-64 win over Garfield. He's the best player in 2017.— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) December 30, 2016
Emmitt Smith is held to 17 yards, and the Huskies roll over a favored SEC opponent: