If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- ESPN profiles UW safety JoJo McIntosh, the hardest hitter on a defense full of great players.
- Sports Illustrated revisits Chris Petersen’s 2007 Fiesta Bowl upset over Okalahoma.
- SI also writes that the Huskies really do “Want ‘Bama,” because beating the Tide brings them one step closer to their goal of winning a national championship.
- Adam Jude interviews former UW assistant Skip Hall, who knows both Petersen and Nick Saban well.
- Freshman guard Nick Harris didn’t expect to be such a key contributor as a true freshman, but as Mason Kelley writes, he prepared every day like he was a starter.
- Ed Cunningham joined Adam Jude’s Husky Headlines podcast to discuss the Alabama game, and what it was like to block Steve Emtman in practice.
- Noah Dickerson scored 21 points, Markelle Fultz 18 and David Crisp added 16 as the Huskies’ men’s basketball team took care of Seattle University 94-72.
- Christian Caple’s game story is here and Percy Allen’s is here.
- The women’s team got 29 points from Kelsey Plum in a 82-70 win over BYU that improved the Huskies to 12-1. Chantel Osahor provided 20 points and 14 rebounds.
- Highlights of the Women’s game are here.
The best game I ever saw at Husky Stadium was September 17, 1983.
The New York Times had this article on the Washington/Michigan thriller, and a few other game recaps from that Saturday in ‘83. Some familiar names appear.
Below is the article from Sports Illustrated. To read the text click here.