If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- You’ve probably heard by now, but Joe Mathis has been lost for the season due to foot injury. This piece profiling the Husky pass rush came out after the Stanford game, where Mathis obviously had a huge impact. What schematic changes will we see moving forward to account for his loss?
- No doubt the injury hit Mathis hard. But he says he’ll back in time for a Rose Bowl if UW gets there.
- Chris Petersen’s weekly press conference from yesterday.
- There were some amazing stats in week 10, writes USA Today.
- What does Sports Illustrated think about the Huskies’ case for the playoff? I’ll give you a hint, they think the defense is “not great.”
- Lines and odds for week 11’s biggest games.
- The LA Times writes that USC isn’t looking for redemption for the Alabama game when it faces Washington.
- USC was falling off a cliff in September, but has righted the ship. They are very much alive in the Pac-12 race.
- Will Washington try mind games to slow down Sam Darnold?
- Late afternoon kickoff in Husky Stadium for the Arizona State game has just been announced.
- Here’s the ESPN story on Daejon Davis recommitting to the Huskies.