If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning UW Athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on Twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Basketball media day was yesterday so there’s lots to talk about on the hardwood! Here’s Coach Romar’s press conference, as well as Markelle Fultz’s Q&A.
- Sneak peak inside practice with notes from Percy Allen.
- Sophomore Matisse Thybulle is more motivated than ever to end Washington’s 5 year NCAA tournament drought.
- There might not be as much pure talent on this year’s roster as in years past, but they could be a better team.
- Isaiah Thomas has had doubters his entire life. Even after leading the Celtics to the playoffs and being an NBA All-Star, he’s still got haters.
- Team USA basketball had a mini-camp for some younger prospects, including Michael Porter, future Husky. Here’s what they learned.
- “The Point” did not go unpunished.
- If you haven’t gotten riled up about the Pac-12 network recently, Ken Goe at The Oregonian says the network is still hugely under-performing.
- Dennis Dodd at CBS Sports says Chris Petersen’s success shouldn’t be a surprise.
- Not everyone is sold on the Huskies on the Playoff.
Washington LBs Keishawn Bierria & Azeem Victor rank No.1 & No.4 respectively in pass rushing productivity among all FBS inside linebackers.— Jordan Plocher (@PFF_Jordan) October 12, 2016
Washington CB Sydney Jones is only allowing one catch per every 40.8 snaps in coverage, a mark that ranks No.1 among Power 5 CBs. #ShutDown— Jordan Plocher (@PFF_Jordan) October 12, 2016
Washington DT Elijah Qualls has an 8.7 pass rush productivity rating which ranks him No. 10 among all FBS interior defensive linemen.— Jordan Plocher (@PFF_Jordan) October 12, 2016