- The latest S&P ratings were released over the weekend and the Huskies moved up 8 spots to #12. For some perspective, though UW had a slightly better season last year as far as wins go, they finished #79 in the final S&P ratings. Reddit user 8BallTiger explained UW's impressive and perhaps confusingly high ranking:
- For more advanced stats, Football Study Hall has a thorough profile of the Washington football squad.
- UW receiver target Javon McKinley has already made up his mind as to where he will commit on Saturday and he recently spoke with USA Today about each of his finalists.
- Washington football welcomed three new players to the team in Myles Rice, Daniel Bridge-Gadd, and Taylor Rapp.
- Adam Jude caught up with Bridge-Gadd, and the lightly recruited Arizona native says he is looking forward to playing ASU and UofA every year. Neither school chose to recruit him.
- Since his initial press conference after he was hired, Chris Petersen has preached about the importance of taking academics seriously and that mentality has rubbed off on the players. The team set school records in overall team GPA and the number of players holding a GPA of 3.0 or higher:
The Dawgs taking care of business in the classroom!!! B4L!!! Are you serious about academics??? We ARE!!! pic.twitter.com/3Sa1fPZqOF— KB (@KbTheStable) January 4, 2016
- Andrew Andrews picked up his 2nd Pac-12 Player of the Week honor of the season after helping lead his squad in a sweep of the LA schools over the weekend.