- The week's excitement started off on Wednesday when UW coaches secured the commitment of 4-star DE Levi Onwuzurike out of Allen, Texas. Levi spoke with Scout's Gabe Brooks about his decision to be a Husky. He says a major factor in his decision was the fact that Seattle felt like home to him. Gabe Brooks broke down what Washington is getting in the Allen High prospect.
- Thursday brought the surprise of this recruiting cycle when the top ranked prospect out of Arizona according to Scout, Byron Murphy, chose the Huskies after he was thought to be a lock for Arizona State. Greg Biggins breaks down Murphy's commitment and says he expects Murphy to be in the defensive rotation at UW from day one. Rivals' Blair Angulo offers up his own analysis of Byron's commitment.
- 3-star ATH Kamari Pleasant capped an exciting week for Washington fans on Friday when he gave his verbal pledge to the Dawgs. Kamari cited the team's close family feel and the abundance of opportunity UW offers as his reasons for his decision. Scott Eklund and Chris Fetters of Dawgman discussed Pleasant's commitment during their podcast on Friday.
- Adam Jude was able to chat with RB commit Sean McGrew this week and the California Gatorade player of the year says he expects to fit right in with UW's offense.
- McGrew is currently on his official visit and he has realized very quickly that Chris Petersen's competitive nature is not limited to the football field:
Coach Pete just gave me with worst L 21-5 in ping pong— Sean McGrew (@smcgrew11) January 23, 2016
- Rivals takes a look at 2016 commits from each conference that they believe have a good chance at making an instant impact next year and a Washington pledge is the selection from the Pac-12.
- O'Dea DT Tiano Tialavea will be meeting with UW tomorrow. The thought here is that he's being looked at as a preferred walk-on candidate. Tiano suffered a broken foot early in the fall which limited him to only 4 games this season:
Visit with UW moved to Monday, Coach Gregory stuck in Oakland. #GoDawgs— Tiano Tialavea (TT) (@TT_Tialavea) January 22, 2016
- WR Jordan Chin is currently on his official visit and UW was making a big impression before he even set foot on campus:
Limo service just to get me to the air port , I can dig it.— Jordan C. Chin TM (@chincredible) January 23, 2016
This hotel is unbelievable.— Jordan C. Chin TM (@chincredible) January 24, 2016
- Camilo Eifler got to pose in his future uniform:
- Heading into the final week of the 2016 recruiting cycle, here is what the commitment list looks like: