If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Jen Cohen, longtime senior associate athletic director at Washington as well as deputy to former AD Scott Woodward, has been named the university's interim athletic director. At this point, she should probably be considered the odds-on favorite to land the gig full-time.
- Scott Eklund and Chris Fetters over at Dawgman give a helpful primer on where UW stands in the recruitment of some of the top remaining uncommitted prospects in the 2016 class.
- Recruiting is beginning to hit its fever pitch, and the news and developments are coming in fast and furious. Adam Jude writes that Washington's 2016 class should be short on quantity, but long on quality.
And the process continues ... pic.twitter.com/lxGFSygvAR— ⚡Kamari5⃣Pleasant⚡♐ (@ktp5_) January 20, 2016
Etiwanda (Calif.) ATH Kamari Pleasant has backed off his commitment to #ASU, #Washington now in a good spot for him https://t.co/VTzYQEdWQ8— Greg Biggins (@GregBiggins) January 20, 2016
We don't needa talk we know what we finna do next year— Kentrell Love (@kentrell_love) January 20, 2016
Can't wait to officially be a dawg !!!! #woof pic.twitter.com/D3PsDq8A77— Sean McGrew (@smcgrew11) January 20, 2016
I'm ready to leave. Get me to Seattle already.— Camilo Eifler (@_miloeifler) January 13, 2016
Scout Now: David Long talks #Michigan home visit including why Jim Harbaugh was up in a tree https://t.co/9NDCBDc7vI pic.twitter.com/NDNRG7hXOk— Greg Biggins (@GregBiggins) January 19, 2016
Weekend recruiting wrap: Huge weekend of Pac-12 visits https://t.co/SVdbCKnoZl— ESPN Pac-12 (@ESPN_Pac12blog) January 19, 2016
- No. 24, Myles Gaskin, No. 21 Budda Baker and No. 19 Sidney Jones are Washington's representatives so far in the ESPN Pac-12 Blog's postseason ranking of the conference's top 25 players.
- Kevin Gemmell analyzes how Pac-12 North teams did this year at generating points off turnovers.
- The Dawgs get some love in Sports Illustrated's Way Too Early Top 25 for 2016, coming in at No. 24. Meanwhile, USA Today's Paul Myerberg likes them in the same slot.
- Congratulations to Marcus Peters, who has by any and all measures bounced back nicely from his low point of being kicked out of the Washington football program midway through Chris Petersen's first season.
Former #UGA star Todd Gurley & ex #UDub DB Marcus Peters have been named NFL Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Year.— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) January 19, 2016
- Some very sad news out of Portland, as PSU freshman linebacker AJ Schlatter passed away from complications stemming from minor throat surgery.
- Being immortal, omniscient and omnipotent is no excuse for skirting NCAA bylaws.
- Christian Caple caught up with Lorenzo Romar yesterday, who says that Andrew Andrews is "playing like an All-American." He also delves into the wonderful free spirit that is David Crisp.
- Percy Allen wonders why Andrews' season isn't gaining more national attention, and writes about Dominic Green's push to earn more playing time.
- Isaiah Thomas is Washington's inductee into the Pac-12 Hall of Honor's 2015 to 2016 class.