- To get things started here, Dawgman held their weekly recruiting podcast on Friday and as always they have some great nuggets.
- Byron Murphy has set his commitment date for this Thursday, the 21st. Murphy has a final 4 of Washington, ASU, Texas A&M, and USC. The general feeling is this will come down to ASU and Washington though. Murphy was scheduled for an official visit at USC this weekend, but it looks like those plans fell through:
Got word that 4 star ATH Byron Murphy from Scottsdale Az Saguaro did not make trip to USC.— Jason Jewell (@jason247scout) January 16, 2016
- Really informative stuff here from Chris Fetters who breaks down UW's scholarship number situation. Also of note is that of the currently committed recruits, 5 will be enrolled at UW in time for Spring ball (Daniel Bridge-Gadd, Taylor Rapp, Van Soderberg, Amandre Williams, and Sean McGrew).
- 4-star Texas DE Levi Onwuzurike has set his commitment date for the 20th. Washington was thought to be playing second fiddle to Baylor, Michigan, and possibly even ASU, but it sounds like the Huskies have made up quite a bit of ground and might even be in his top 2 right now:
Commiting Jan 20th— Levi Onwuzurike. (@LeviOnw) January 15, 2016
- One of the many official visitors at UW this weekend is 4-star De La Salle TE/DE Devin Asiasi. Greg Biggins breaks down his final 5 schools and concludes that right now he's probably still a USC lean, but Alabama, Washington, and UCLA also have a legitimate shot. Speaking of Asiasi, here's a glimpse of what we might be seeing on Saturdays next fall:
- Chris Fetters caught up with Brandon Wellington this week, the first commit of the 2016 class. Wellington had a storybook career at Eastside Catholic finishing with back-to-back state championships and he's also the first Crusader to commit to a Power 5 school.
- Scout takes a look at the major story lines surrounding Pac-12 recruiting as the dead period is now in the rear-view mirror.
- 3-star WR Zach Farrar narrowed his list of schools down to 4:
Decisions coming... pic.twitter.com/iX79O55rks— Zach Rice Farrar (@ZachFarrar3) January 15, 2016
- 5-star JUCO defensive lineman Jonathan Kongbo, who has seemed a little overwhelmed with the scale of his recruitment, has released his top 8 and the Huskies made the cut. Kongbo should be officially visiting UW sometime in the next couple of weeks:
- UW coaches hosted recruits and their parents at what looks to be one of their houses for breakfast on Saturday morning:
- Look for 4-star CB David Long to decide between Michigan and UW in the next few days. Here he is sporting the Purple and Gold:
- Long may have revealed his cards last night after a photo he took on his UW visit and posted to Snapchat surfaced on Twitter. It shows a Michigan helmet with the caption "We everywhere":
- Freshman TE Mike Neal and DL Benning Potoa'e were among the UW players hosting recruits for the weekend. Here they are on top of the Space Needle last night. From left to right in the 1st photo are Boss Tagaloa, Benning Potoa'e, Devin Asiasi, Chris Taylor-Yamanoha, Mike Neal, and Kamari Pleasant:
Hosting some recruits on their official tryna make more pic.twitter.com/AUfh5cavfZ— 〽️ike Neal (@_MichaelNeal) January 17, 2016