- Following the Huskies narrow loss on Friday Kim Grinolds and Chris Fetters of Dawgman had an excellent breakdown of the Washington performance you can listen to here
- Dawgman also caught up with Elijah Qualls who spoke on what the Huskies defense did well in the second half, and where they need to improve here
- Quarterback Jake Browning became the first freshman under head coach Chris Petersen to start a season behind center in Friday's loss to Boise State. Browning performed to mixed reviews, making several rookie mistakes, but also nearly guiding the Huskies all the way back from a 16 point halftime deficit. Perhaps his toughest critic was Browning himself, writes Joe Davidson for the Sacramento Bee
- Following the disappointing loss to Boise State, Petersen spoke on a variety of topics from returning to Boise, the new look defense performance and his thoughts on his freshman quarterbacks performance Check out the interview and great recap by Christian Caple here
- Receiver Dante Pettis again showed his explosiveness on special teams Friday with a 76-yard punt return that brought an offensively challenged Husky side within six points against the Broncos. See the video below, and check out the can't miss call by Bob Rondeau
Here's a replay of Dante Pettis' punt-return TD. http://t.co/sYakeBri0X— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) September 5, 2015
- After USC's 55-6 victory over Arkansas State Saturday former Husky head coach Steve Sarkisian spoke about his experience being back on the sidelines following his intoxicated rant a couple of weeks ago. Check it out here
- NFL rosters are now largely set following the final cuts this weekend. The fate of ex-Huskies will be recapped this week on UW Dawgpound's NFL Dawgs. Worth noting here however, is the fate of local receivers Kevin Smith and Kasen Williams. Both failed to make the Seahawks 53 man roster, but were retained on the team's practice squad.
- Congratulations to receiver Jaydon Mickens who moved ahead of Austin Seferian-Jenkins with his 147th reception as a Husky on Friday, good for fifth overall in school history.
- The seventh ranked Husky women's volleyball team defeated the visiting Canadian National Team in an exhibition match Saturday, get the full recap here
- The Huskies women's soccer team scored late to edge Michigan 1-0 on Sunday
Follow me on Twitter @GQuintero_84