- Byron Murphy, who has already had a stellar start to his senior season, decided it was time for him to narrow down his college choices:
Decided to narrow my recruitment down. Thanks to every coach that gave me an opportunity. pic.twitter.com/bbXAhMvG8O— Bmurph (@byronmurpy) September 1, 2015
- Greg Biggins discusses which schools he feels have an inside track in securing Byron's commitment.
- It's much too early to start talking about 2018 recruits, but I'm going to do it anyway. Braden Lenzy, a corner out of Tigard, Oregon who has already caught the eye of a few of the Northwest schools, recently took a visit to UW and was impressed with what the program has to offer.
- Camilo Eifler has been quite the out spoken recruiter since committing to UW in July:
Devin Asiasi and Boss would look smooth in a UW jersey— Camilo Eifler (@_miloeifler) August 30, 2015
And he moonlights as a humanitarian:
Just gave a homeless man my ice cream sandwich from CREAM made his day.— Camilo Eifler (@_miloeifler) August 31, 2015
- The News Tribune put out a nice profile of Washington DE commit Amandre Williams. Amandre also plays QB and has come within 30 passing yards of breaking Brett Rypien's single-game passing yards record of 613 yards.
- Washington is the newest offer for top 2017 WR Charleston Rambo:
- The Bellingham Herald profiles the Sehome football team and their most important player Taylor Rapp.
- Washington is among what is sure to be a crowded field competing for the commitment of elite 2017 DT Martin Andrus
- Great story here on N'Keal Harry and the importance of family in his life
The high school football season has started and some Husky commits and targets are already making waves:
Saguaro QB Kare Lyles 258 yards passing, 4 TDs and Rec Byron Murphy 193 yards (rush-receive, 4 TDs) lit up scoreboard for 'Cats in 62-6 win.— Les Willsey (@AZPreps365Les) August 24, 2015
Crucial intercepton by Tayler Hawkins with two minutes to go and Palm Springs up 22-16. https://t.co/jIBsCQiBdy— Desert Sun Sports (@DesertSunSports) September 5, 2015
Hamilton defense dominated once DT Garrett Rand entered game in second quarter— Richard Obert (@azc_obert) August 29, 2015
First time he's targeted all night and Javon McKinley takes a slant and goes 79 yards to the house, Cent up 42-0, 7:22 left in the 3rd— Greg Biggins (@GregBiggins) September 6, 2015