If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Adam Jude of he Seattle Times has an interesting piece on the common link between Jared Goff and Jake Browning, with some great quotes from Browning's guru/mentor, Cal great Troy Taylor.
- Why do the Huskies' quarterbacks clap to signal for the snap? Christian Caple from the News Tribune asks the tough questions. I am curious to whether or not their hands will hurt from clapping at the end of cold games, but I wasn't the one asking the questions.
- The Dawgman crew has your notes from Thursday's press conference with Coach Petersen, as well as the video. Strong praise for Goff from Coach Pete, as well as ambiguous injury reports.
- Speaking of the Dawgman crew, their intern crunched the numbers for the match-up with Cal tomorrow, which just makes their offense look more terrifying.
- And speaking of interns (just kidding Derrik), a friend of mine painstakingly broke down Jared Goff's game against Texas, from charts to analysis, from a future NFL prospects perspective. You can follow him on twitter here.
Volleyball Dots? Volleyball Dots!
- Mason Kelley wrote a great showcase piece about Lianna Sybeldon and Melaine Wade, Washington's pair of middle hitters, who are among the conference's best at their position. If you haven't ever seen high level volleyball, I highly recommend it, as the amount of athleticism mixed with how fast the ball is flying around the court at times makes it an adrenaline rush and consistently entertaining. It's also not super complex and it's pretty easy to follow the action, which is also great.