- Top 100 recruits WR Javon McKinley and DE Isaiah Chambers were both on campus Saturday and Greg Biggins gives a rundown of their visit this weekend.
Here they are enjoying the game:
- 4-star safety Lamar Jackson spoke with Brandon Huffman about which schools are at the top of his list right now and where he wants to visit. Great to see Brandon Huffman back working at Scout after his daughter was diagnosed with cancer.
- UW is after a number of pass rushers in 2016 and one of those is Derriyon Shaw out of Las Vegas. Shaw spoke with Scott Eklund about the Huskies and noted that the coaching staff would like him to visit in January. ($)
- The biggest recruiting news of the week of course was the commitment of star Bellevue CB Isaiah Gilchrist. Chris Fetters has a nice look at the impact of that commitment on this recruiting class.
- Washington is still on the hunt for an elite receiver and Dylan Crawford could be their man. Greg Biggins gives his thoughts on Washington's chances to land a visit from the talented SoCal receiver.
- 2017 Central Catholic DE/TE Malik Thirdgill visited UW for the Sac State and spoke with The Oregonian about his time on Montlake.
- Talented DB Elijah Gates out of Buena Park, CA has yet to receive any offers, but the 2017 prospect has caught the attention of numerous programs including Washington.
- 2017 WR Jamire Calvin tells Irish Illustrated's Steve Hare that he will be visiting Washington next week for the Cal game.
- Scout's Jason Jewell was on hand for 2017 QB Ryan Kelley's game last weekend and was able to put together a highlight tape.
- Some UW notes here in Scout's West Regional Recruiting Roundup.
- Elite 2017 DT Greg Rogers has been hearing from UW a lot lately:
- 3-star 2017 WR Jeremiah Hawkins will be on campus next weekend:
- 2016 Tigard (OR) OL Conner Crist was on the sideline for the Utah State game:
OL @ConnerCrist will be visiting UW this weekend— Mike Wittmann (@RivalsMikeW) September 18, 2015
- Turns out Sean McGrew is a good football player:
- Here's one more pic of Isaiah Chamber's visit:
- Not necessarily a UW recruiting story, but former Husky Naijiel Hale has been reunited with former UW quarterback Troy Williams at Santa Monica College.