If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow Ryan on twitter and to subscribe to his lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Here's a transcript of Jonathan Smith's post-practice media session from the News Tribune.
- Dawgman has a really nice by-the-numbers breakdown of the UW-Utah State game. Notable stats: Utah State players average 6'1" and 228 pounds compared to 6'1" and 226 pounds for the Huskies; the Aggies are made up of 23% seniors compared to 12% for Washington.
- Weekly picks are in from the Pac-12 Blog, with four out of five bloggers selecting the Huskies. All five think it will be close.
- Mason Kelley's latest work from The Details focuses on UW alum Tank Johnson.
- Interesting to hear from Adam Jude that the Huskies are purposefully playing at a slower tempo this season.
- For those fantasy football players among us, it's nice to finally have some fantasy-relevant Huskies around. After a disappointing (front a fantasy standpoint) rookie year, Sankey is suddenly all the rage following a big performance in week one.
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins also blew up fantasy-wise by racking up a ton of garbage-time points in a blowout loss. This SB Nation post has him pegged as a top-10 tight end for week two.
- UW Women's Soccer sophomore Shannon Simon has been named Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week.
- In non-sports news, the UW apparently ranks 4th in innovation among world universities. Not too shabby.