If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to subscribe to Ryan's lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Hear what Petersen had to say about the 49-0 win courtesy of Dawgman: /li>
- If you'd prefer, here's a full transcript of Petersen's media session from Christian Caple.
- Larry Stone with a piece focusing on the massive number of freshmen contributing early this season.
- Oh, and always worth checking out what Mason Kelley has to say.
- I hadn't thought of it this way, but the Sacramento Bee points out that QB Jake Browning thrashed his hometown team, Folsom being about a half hour drive to Sacramento.
- Ahhh Isaiah Gilchrist committed. This adds to what is shaping up to be a relatively small but extremely promising class. Four-star recruits abound.
- A bit of potentially awful news partially spoiled what was otherwise a really enjoyable afternoon on Montlake as Austin Joyner appeared to injure his knee on Saturday.
- I know many feel that it's necessary to pull for other Pac-12 teams in non-conference games. I can understand that in most cases, but personally, I can't help but enjoy a big Oregon loss even if it does harm the image of the Pac-12 nationally.
- The Cougs were so, so close to another excruciating loss after giving up the go-ahead touchdown on a punt return with about a minute left against Rutgers. Lucky for Coach Leach, they drove quickly and stole victory back from the Scarlet Knights with mere seconds remaining on the clock.
- All this madness has seriously left Cal the last undefeated team in the Pac-12 North. Of course, as CGB notes, it is too early to draw many conclusions from this. It's shaping up to be a wild year up North.
- It's NFL Sunday, which means plenty of Husky alums tearing up the league. The Husky I'm most excited to watch in 2015 will be Browns 1st round pick Danny Shelton. He hasn't even played a regular season game in Cleveland, and yet the whole town is gushing about his potential. You can bet we'll have more on Dawgs in the NFL after this first week of games.
Chris Petersen said he won't have an update on Austin Joyner until later, but "he didn't return, so probably not good."— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) September 12, 2015