If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Are you hyped? Because it's time for you to get hyped.
- ESPN's Pac-12 crew named Budda Baker the conference's preseason No. 20 overall player in 2015.
- Adam Jude explores the possibility of Jake Browning player this year, and asks his readers who they think will be UW's starting quarterback.
- The Dawgman crew posted a series of podcasts in which they talk about the state of the various offensive position groups.
- Chris Fetters names eight potential breakout stars for the Dawgs.
Christian Caple shared a schedule for the forthcoming fall camp.
- A.W. Johnston at CGB wonders if Cal will finally break its losing streak to Washington.
- Athlon Sports got several Pac-12 coaches to give anonymous scouting reports about their conference opponents. Here's what they had to say about Washington:
"From the outside looking in, it seems like Chris Petersen had to clean up some stuff off the field from the previous staff, and that's never easy. At Boise, he had the best talent in the league and everyone in the organization understood their culture. I think he figured out pretty quick this is a different deal."
"When you look at some of the big-time guys they lost, I think they may take a few steps back before they move forward."
"You have to give their staff the benefit of the doubt until some of their guys (they recruited) hit the field, but they're going to have some personnel problems this year."
"It's hard to get a feel for the offense because they're completely new up front and they're basically starting over at quarterback. That's not usually a great formula for success."
"The backup from last year (Jeff Lindquist) has some experience, but they may have better options with their newcomers. It's just hard to say until you see them on the field."
"I don't see how they're going to rebuild the front seven on the fly unless all the guys who were backups last year are ready to start. They were pretty good there last season, but they lost a ton."
"The secondary is probably the most established group on their team. Budda Baker was one of the better freshmen we saw last year. He could be one of those guys people just don't throw on."
- Sports on Earth's Matt Brown ranks the 1991 Dawgs as the 43rd-best college football team of all time.
- A whole mess of podcasts wrapping up Pac-12 Media Days, including: USA Today's The Football Four; a pair of shows on ESPN's Championship Drive; and three episodes from the Podcast of Champions.
- Redditor /u/dybuell put together a comprehensive primer on all the basic pieces of information a fan should now about the college football world heading into the 2015 season.
- If you're feeling lucky, Bovada has Washington at 500-to-one odds to win the College Football Playoff championship.
- UW's coaches have been blowing up Twitter with shots of the new artwork in their meeting rooms.
- Timberwolves player Zach LeVine appeared at a youth basketball camp at Hec Ed.
- The women's soccer team earned a preseason ranking of No. 20.