If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Good God, we're all so ready.
- Some video interviews following Washington's Sunday practice.
- Adam Jude names five freshmen he expects to contribute in 2015. For what it's worth, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Jake Browning plays this year, and I truly don't understand what's driving him to treat Browning like Washington's heir apparent at quarterback. Then again, he's got infinitely more access to the players and coaches than I do, so what the hell do I know?
- Jude also spoke to Dexter Charles, who said his unexpected medical retirement "doesn't seem real."
- Mason Kelley's latest feature is on Brian Clay's effort to juggle graduate-level coursework with a demanding football schedule.
- Sports Illustrated's Lindsey Schnell previews the Pac-12, and envisions Washington closing with a 6-6 record, 4-5 in conference play.
- It seems to me that nobody can accuse the Ducks of lacking paranoia after they called the cops on a Pac-12 Networks crew that had the audacity to climb a staircase that offered a view of the practice field. I get wanting to protect your team's advantages, but it is really necessary to treat practices as if they were state secrets?
- Boise State has a starting quarterback, and his name is Ryan Finley. Meanwhile, the Idaho Statesman's Chad Crippe draws out a rough depth chart for the Broncos.
- USA Today's Dan Wolken profiles Utah State quarterback Chuckie Keeton, who will visit Husky Stadium on Sept. 19.
- It's getting to the point that the Seattle Police Department's officers might not even know who Chris Petersen is.
And the Power 5 college football schools with no arrests in the past year pic.twitter.com/vhAd30ijto— Mike Rosenberg (@RosenbergMerc) August 21, 2015
- The men's basketball coaching staff had themselves a nice little Friday.
I'm honored to say that I am fully committed to the University of Washington‼️ pic.twitter.com/mBoCqDyqPm— Markelle fultz (@MarkelleF) August 22, 2015
Congrats to @MarkellF on his commitment to Washington Huskies. He will get buckets immediately for Lorenzo Romar. Young Paul Pierce.— Fran Fraschilla (@franfraschilla) August 21, 2015
- Aaron Beach put together a great primer on everything five-star 2016 guard Markelle Fultz will bring to Washington, and SI's Chris Johnson wrote about Fultz's meteoric rise.
- ScoutHoops' Rob Harrington wrote a lengthy and informative evaluation of Fultz.
- SB Nation's Ricky O'Donnell says that Lorenzo Romar landed "a likely NBA lottery pick" in Fultz.
- A telling reaction to Steve Sarkisian's fireball-fueled Salute to Troy train wreck.
Coach Sark is still having fun at USC! #ThingsHaven'tChanged— Michael Hartvigson (@OneMike84) August 23, 2015
- A nice honor for the best voice in the biz.