If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Chris Fetters shared several videos of players and coaches following Monday's practice, and published a recap of the day's events. Christian Caple and Adam Jude have their own summaries, as well.
- Check out Mason Kelley's photo gallery from the day's practices.
- Peter Shin put together a solid hype video for the coming season.
- Percy Allen talks about Jaydon Mickens' determination to be one of the team's vocal senior leaders this season.
- Jude says that the loss of Dexter Charles to medical retirement is just the latest chapter in a multi-year string of bad luck for the offensive line. Caple published his take on the topic, too.
So proud of @D_Charles76 on a great career. You competed each day at the highest level. I know you have an extremely bright future ahead!— Chris Strausser (@Coach_StraussUW) August 18, 2015
- David Lombardi wonders if he (and everyone else) is underselling Washington's defense.
- Travis Haney ranks the Pac-12's head coaches by stability, slotting Chris Petersen in at No. 8. ($)
"There's nothing more I take pride in than finding that kid who has no offers," Petersen said this summer, adding that those players often play and work harder. "We won games at Boise because we had really good players. Our process hasn't changed. We make our own opinions and evaluations."
It's definitely going to require patience. Expectations are incredibly low for this '15 team. But Petersen will get time from the administration; he has the resume to merit that, surely.
- Erik McKinney calls Budda Baker one of Oregon's biggest recruiting misses of the last several years. ($)
On the opposite side of the ball, it's tough to imagine that Budda Baker wouldn't have grabbed a starting spot -- or at least an impact position in the rotation -- had he continued through with his Oregon commitment. Instead, Baker flipped to Washington late in the process and started every game for the Huskies as a true freshman.
- Scott Eklund says that the Huskies are looking to flip a three-star quarterback from SEC country.
- USA Today's Nicole Auerbach profiles onetime Husky quarterback commit Tate Martell, who will announce his commitment
- Boise State's Bryan Harsin is not shying away the prospect of facing off against his mentor Chris Petersen in the season opener.
- Danny Shelton is a bad man.
DANNY SHELTON https://t.co/JB4hE4HlCr— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) August 19, 2015
- Red Cup Rebellion examines where former Husky Damore'ea Stringfellow fits in the Ole Miss depth chart.
- Hey look, Wazzu leads the nation in something!
Found 900+ total arrests for FBS college football teams last 5 years. That's one every other day. Top 50 programs: pic.twitter.com/0yGJhV6X7B— Mike Rosenberg (@RosenbergMerc) August 18, 2015