If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Coach Petersen suffered a tough recruiting loss Monday night when Michael Eletise committed to Arizona. If it's any consolation, Sean McGrew likely felt a lot of the same emotions as Husky fans who watched the broadcast.
Dang...— Sean McGrew (@smcgrew11) July 28, 2015
- Dawgman's fall position previews turn to the linebackers.
- Chantel Jennings names Budda Baker as Washington's most important player in 2015. I probably would have gone with Dexter Charles, but there's no question that Budda will be a key defensive lynchpin—perhaps the key defensive lynchpin—in what figures to be a rebuilding year for the Dawgs.
- Speaking of whom, Dexter Charles is included in Ted Miller's "all-underrated" team.
- Jennings also predicts a handful of storylines that will likely come to pass at this week's Pac-12 Media Days.
- Jack Follman ranks the top 12 defensive backs in the conference, and two of Washington's players make appearances at Nos. 4 and 5.
- Adam Jude's opponent previews continue with Arizona.
- Psalm Wooching and Siosifa Tufunga were named to the Polynesian College Football Player of the Year Award watch list.
- Highly regarded 2017 tight end prospect Colby Parkinson visited Montlake last weekend; Dawgman's Scott Eklund got in touch to see how the trip went.
- Camilo Eifler is working hard to become Washington's most important recruiter for the 2016 class.
@NkealHarry15 we could use an athlete like you at UW bro. Choose wisely ✊— Camilo Eifler (@_miloeifler) July 28, 2015
- UW is offering Dawg Pack football and basketball tickets for $105. On a related note, I miss paying student ticket prices.
- Ticketmaster posted a handy infographic with all the pertinent information about UW football's upcoming picture day.
- SB Nation's Auburn blog College and Magnolia gives an introductory course on how quarterbacks are taught to read opposing defenses.
- We know the feeling, coach. We know the feeling.
- Dawgman's Aaron Beach put together a massive recap of his observations from being in Vegas last week. ($)
- Washington's baseball team is in the running to land talented Gig Harbor prospect Mike Tóglia.
Gig Harbor High School senior @MichaelToglia picked up offers from Washington, Oregon, U. of Portland and Vanderbilt.— Jon Manley (@gateway_jon) July 28, 2015
- According to Adam Jude, former UW football stars Lincoln Kennedy and Nigel Burton have agreed to work as analysts for the Pac-12 Networks.
- Congratulations to D'Andre Goodwin for earning that advanced degree!
- I know this is a shocker, but NCAA institutions (gasp!) have no desire to compensate players.