If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- The big recruiting news out of this weekend was West Salem (Ore.) tight end Jacob Kizer's commitment to Washington. Check out the UWDP discussion here.
Extremely excited to announce that I have committed to play for the university of Washington! pic.twitter.com/Sz9zDOJ7qA— Jacob kizer (@airkeezy) July 25, 2015
- Scott Eklund opines on the impact Kizer will potentially make at Washington. ($)
- The Saturday morning Dawgman show on KJR had plenty of good material, including an interview with running back commit Sean McGrew.
- Chris Fetters' position previews continues with the offensive line. LATE DOT: Fetters' preview of the defensive line is live, too.
- Adam Jude's newest opponent preview focuses on the Stanford Cardinal.
- Sean McGrew and Camilo Eifler won't officially be Dawgs until February, but with shots like this one, you could fool me.
- BEEFWATCH: The two biggest targets remaining on Washington's offensive line board are getting closer to making their decisions.
Will be releasing my Top 5 schools sometime this week— Mike Alves (@m_alves1234) July 27, 2015
- Speaking of red meat, OL commit Luke Wattenberg visited Washington over the weekend.
- I'm not even going to front: I'm shocked to see UW make Tate Martell's list of finalists. I've always assumed that Steve Sarkisian was by far the most important thing to him about Washington's program.
Top 5 Schools (No Order) 1. Alabama 2. Washington 3. USC 4. Texas A&M 5. Michigan - Releasing commitment date soon— Tate Martell™ (@TheTateMartell) July 26, 2015
- Speaking of Sark, Bill Connelly doesn't know what to expect this year from the USC Trojans.
- Have you ever wondered what it is that referees are looking at when a play is reviewed? Here's a peek behind the curtain, courtesy of Kyle Bonagura.
Here's what replay officials work with when they review plays. Can also view four angles simultaneously. pic.twitter.com/vYoteNZBlW— Kyle Bonagura (@BonaguraESPN) July 24, 2015
- Grantland's Andrew Sharp says what I've been thinking for two years: Won't someone overcome the legal hurdles and please, please, PLEASE make a new college football video game?
- Kim Grinolds posted a Dawgman Radio podcast wrapping up the recent high school basketball event in Las Vegas that featured a number of Washington targets.
- Big ups to Krista and Jenna! Way to make Husky nation proud.
- UW's LEAP program has wrapped up.
- Our own Kirk DeGrasse was at Washington's first "Dawgs Under the Stars" event, and offered his thoughts and observations.
- ... I did not know this, yet I cannot claim to be surprised.