If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Our friends at Conquest Chronicles call the USC vs. Washington contest an under-the-radar must-win for Steve Sarkisian's team.
- Jamie Newberg named Darren Gardenhire one of the Pac-12's spring stars.
5Dimes Sportsbook lists Boise State as 10.5-point favorites over the Huskies in the season opener. In related news, the game has already sold out.
- Kevin Gemmell surveys the landscape of Washington's non-conference opponents.
- Chantel Jennings offers a brief recap of the state of the Pac-12's 2016 recruiting classes.
- Scott Eklund spoke with Camilo Eifler about the four-star linebacker's trip to Washington last weekend.
- Washington was included in 2016 Westfield, Texas, quarterback Dillon Sterling-Cole's list of finalists.
- I missed this a while back, but Bill Connelly has already previewed Washington opponents Boise State and Utah State.
- Lorenzo Romar hauled in two big fish yesterday: 2016 center Noah Dickerson, and former player/new assistant Coach Will Conroy.
I've finally found my home. I'm a Washington Husky pic.twitter.com/cqGYVPKQw7— Noah Dickerson (@NDickerson41) June 5, 2015
Christian Caple and Brian Snow react to Dickerson's commitment.
Another top 100 prospect for Lorenzo Romar. Noah Dickerson just committed. 6-8 center w good hands & touch. Will play physical inside too.— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) June 5, 2015
That's now five top-100 recruits for the Huskies in this year's class, per http://t.co/9LcKV51DL1's rankings.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) June 5, 2015
- The University of Washington is hosting a celebration of the men's crew team's fifth consecutive national championship next week.
- Get ready to see the NCAA drop the hammer on the University of North Carolina for the dreaded "lack of institutional control." Nicole Auerbach of USA Today has a nice recap of where the Tar Heels stand.
- Bryan Wiedey, better known to the sports gaming community as PastaPadre, offers a recap of how and when college football and basketball video games might eventually return to a PlayStation or Xbox near you.
- Mason Kelley offers a behind-the-scenes look at Washington's Student-Athlete Academic Services department.
- Local high school football powerhouse Bellevue has found itself and head coach Butch Goncharoff in hot water after self-reporting several coaching and recruiting violations. Several former players have responded strongly on social media, including several names UW fans will recognize.
Bellevue Football DOES NOT CHEAT. They are a product of hard work. ALL the coaches want is for the players to become better men#TeamButch— Henry Roberts (@TheHen747) June 4, 2015
Bellevue coach Butch Goncharoff suspended 2 games after self-reported violations. So there's that... https://t.co/yJ3L6oRVAl— Jayson Jenks (@JaysonJenks) June 5, 2015
- For the second time in his career, PING named Cheng-Tsung Pan to its all-American first team. Speaking of whom ... well, this is just heartbreaking.
This is how close Pan came to a playoff for the NCAA Individual Title. pic.twitter.com/AGwapSaRDy— UW Men's Golf (@UW_MGolf) June 3, 2015