If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- In the wake of Cyler Miles' retirement due to a hip injury, Phil Steele says that Washington is in full-on rebuilding mode.
With QB Cyler Miles officially retired, Washington drops to #122 on my 2015 Experience Chart (was #107) with % yards returning taking a drop— Phil Steele (@philsteele042) June 23, 2015
- The Dawgman guys put out a podcast reacting to the Miles news. Here's the official statement from UW announcing the development.
- The Huskies were not featured in ESPN's latest edition of their future power rankings, but Travis Haney calls them the first team on the outside looking in, thanks in large part to Chris Petersen's impressive resume. Kevin Gemmell is bullish on UW's potential to elevate itself in the next three years, too.
- Athlon named Budda Baker a fourth-team preseason All American.
- Coach Pete is making sure that the football field isn't the only part of college that is important to his players.
- Ted Miller thinks that 2015 may finally be the year in which a team from the Pac-12 South wins the conference championship. In a related piece, Miller wonders if the Ducks are finally headed for a regression toward the mean in the wake of Marcus Mariota's departure to the NFL.
- 2016 CB Myles Bryant spoke to Scott Eklund about his recent trip to Montlake. Eklund also profiled Federal Way 2016 LB Andrzej Hughes-Murray after last weekend's Rising Stars camp at UW.
- Erik McKinney spoke with 2016 recruit Devin Asiasi about his development into one of the nation's premiere tight end prospects.
- Tight ends coach Jordan Paopao is heading to Samoa with defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski. Color me interested.
Husky Nation come follow your boy on Instagram: coachpaopao. For the next week, me and @CoachK_UW will document our time in Samoa. Working..— Jordan Paopao (@CoachPaopao) June 22, 2015
- Looks like Chico has been officially acquainted with strength coach Tim Socha's exercise plan.
College workouts are no joke— CHICO (@ChicoMcClatcher) June 23, 2015
- The future is here.
- ... Not to mention that it also seems to be reunion time over at Hec Ed.
- Isaiah Thomas is on Instagram.
- Chris Fetters caught up with UW men's golf coach Matt Thurmond, who just finished caddying for his former pupil C.T. Pan in the U.S. Open.
- In the wake of UCLA's Diddy drama, Chris B. Brown has an eye-opening nugget from Rick Neuheisel, who recruited Diddy's son Justin.
Rick only signed Justin Combs because he was Diddy's son? And Diddy didn't know who Rick was on his son's visit? Wha? pic.twitter.com/LM2dkIqkt1— Chris B. Brown (@smartfootball) June 24, 2015