If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Scott Eklund spoke to WR prospect and current Louisville commit Chris Taylor-Yamanoha about his recruitment. ($) He also reports that former Gonzaga basketball player Connor Griffin, who played tight end at Lake Oswego (Ore.) High School, will join the UW football team as a walk-on this fall.
- After much discussion, the Collegiate Commissioners Association has decided to table its proposal to enact an early signing period for football until next year. ESPN spoke to a handful of Pac-12 coaches about the pros and cons of such an idea.
- Brandon Huffman has a nice recap of the action at last week's The Opening camp in Eugene.
- Paul Myerberg examines the process behind the success of the Boise State Broncos. For obvious reasons, expect the Washington program to take on more and more of these same characteristics in the next 12 to 24 months.
- Boise State is also the subject of the latest installment of Chantel Jennings' "Better know a Pac-12 noncon."
- Unsurprisingly, Shaq Thompson makes an appearance in the Pac-12 Network's list of the 12 best plays by conference juniors in 2014.
- Last night was a big one for former MBB player Justin Holiday.
- GoHuskies.com has a pair of great golf-related features: The first is about how men's coach Matt Thurmond has turned the program into a budding powerhouse, while the second explores Mary Lou Mulflur's coaching philosophy.
- A happy belated birthday for two of UW's most visible ambassadors.