If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Here's the official announcement from UW about Tony Rodriguez joining the football team. Adam Jude spoke with Rodriguez's coach at City College of San Francisco, who says that the Huskies picked up "the biggest steal at any position out of junior college this summer." Christian Caple chimes in with a few thoughts, too.
- Caple also has the first news I've seen about this year's Pac-12 media days event.
Pac-12 media days scheduled for July 30-31 at Warner Bros Studios in Burbank. UW, Arizona the only teams yet to announce their player reps.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) June 10, 2015
- A few Huskies made Athlon's preseason all-Pac-12 team, including first-teamer Budda Baker.
- Athlon also released its annual ranking of college football coaches. Chris Petersen ranks fourth in the Pac-12, and 23rd overall; that's down from second in the Pac-12 and 13th overall in 2014.
- Fast Sean McGrew is fast.
UW RB recruit Sean McGrew (@smcgrew11) ran a PR 10.56 to finish second in the 100 at CIF state track meet on Saturday. That's scooting.— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) June 8, 2015
- Coach Petersen extended a pair of 2016 offers yesterday to WR Chris Taylor-Yamanoah and DE Bronson Massie.
- As expected, UW made 2016 OL prospect Michael Eletise's top-10.
- Justin Pawlowski examines the budding chemistry between Bucs TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins and his new quarterback, Jameis Winston.
- Inspired by the Three Stooges-esque creation of the UConn-UCF Civil Conflict, Every Day Should Be Saturday unveils its latest masterpiece: The Random College Football Rivalry Generator.
- Ted Miller included a potential UW-Miami matchup in this list of 10 rivalry games he wants to see.
- Austin Rei and Braden Bishop became the 81st and 94th picks in the MLB Draft yesterday, heading to the Boston Red Sox and Seattle Mariners, respectively. ICYMI, Larry Stone wrote a column last month about Bishop's inspiring fight on behalf of his mother to raise awareness for early-onset Alzheimer's.
Rei is the top selection ever for a UW catcher and the school's highest pick since Nick Hagadone also went to @RedSox 55th overall in 2007.— UW Baseball (@UW_Baseball) June 9, 2015
- Cheng-Tsung Pan is thrilled to kick off his professional career.
- Thanks to onewoodwacker for alerting me to this one: In the wake of winning a national championship last week, the men's crew team is preparing to race in the July 1 to 5 Henley Royal Regatta in Oxfordshire, England.
- Here's the full schedule of this year's 41(!) bowl games. Ryan Nanni wonders if we've gone too far.
- California added a solid JC prospect to help shore up its beleaguered secondary last night.
- Jim McElwain gives a detailed look at the daily schedule of the University of Florida's football players.
- Athlon has the 2015 calendar you neither want nor need.