First, a public service announcement: If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning the football program all in one easy-to-digest format, feel free to follow me on Twitter and to subscribe to my lists of UW's beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington football prospects. To the Dots!
- Danny Shelton takes us behind the scenes of his Draft Day experience.
- The Pac-12 Blog has begun its post-spring position power rankings by looking at the state of the conference's quarterbacks and running backs. As you might expect, it doesn't seem as if much is expected from the Huskies in what Kevin Gemmell says will likely be "a rebuilding year" for Chris Petersen's crew.
- Chris Fetters' next look at the state of the Huskies coming out of spring focuses on the linebackers.
- In case you're not already aware of them, Winsipedia and CFB Stats are a great couple of resources for you to poke around in during the dog (dawg?) days of the offseason.
- Local 2017 mega-recruit Foster Sarell landed an offer from Nick Saban and the Tide.
- The coaching staff has been busy on the recruiting trail, as evidenced by the reactions of recruits on Twitter.
- Grad assistant Gerald Alexander took an early lead in the category of Craziest Story of the Offseason.
So I delivered my son....NO....IM SERIOUS....I! JUST! DELIVERED! MY! SON! TODAY! Kamari Gerrell Alexander has arrived!— Gerald Alexander (@GAlexander21) May 19, 2015
At 4 pm yesterday my labor started. At 4:50 my son was ready to come. My midwife hadn't made it yet..but my son decided it was his time to come. I did not even push, he pushed his way out on his own after 3huge contractions..he shot out like a cannon!!! My husband delivered our son at 4:56 pm! He had to react fast, and jumped in the tub with me as soon as I said he was coming! Such a crazy, wonderful story to tell our son as he grows. Thank you God for a beautiful healthy baby boy..Kamari Gerrell Alexander 7lbs 12oz 21in #mymen #theyloveyoukamari #babytwo #pregnancystory #birth
- The latest mock draft over at Draft Express has Robert Upshaw heading to the Memphis Grizzlies with the 25th pick. For what it's worth, he seems remorseful about how his time on Montlake came to an end.
Upshaw said it was hard watching Washington struggle after his departure. Said he let his teammates down. #Huskies— gary washburn (@GwashburnGlobe) May 15, 2015
- The Lady Volleyball Dawgs are killing it right now.
- Mason Kelley tells the story of how women's crew member Danielle Olson fits more into one day than most could fit into a week.
- ESPN's David Lombardi spoke to Washington State's first-year defensive coordinator Alex Grinch about what he's doing to turn around the Cougar defense, which ranked 99th nationally in yards allowed and ninth in the conference in 2014.
- Bobby Bowden has some surprising advice for aspiring coaches: Namely, to run as fast as they can in the other direction.
- Notre Dame and Kansas are paying Charlie Weis nearly $25 million to not coach football.
- The Everett Golson Sweepstakes is over, and the former Notre Dame signal-caller is headed to Free Shoes University.
- Former local star KeiVarae Russell spoke to Sports Illustrated about his desire to put the honor code violations that got him suspended from playing for the Irish in 2014 behind him.