- John Oliver on HBO's Last Week Tonight performed an absolutely merciless takedown of the NCAA. (NSFW language, for those of you on the job without headphones.) The entire 20-minute clip is worth watching, but if you're really pressed for time, skip ahead to 18:30 for the crème de la crème.
- Adam Jude surveys the state of the Huskies' quarterback competition. Chris Fetters undertakes a similar task, picking out six key takeaways from the situation as it presently stands. ($)
- Brandon Huffman calls Jake Browning one of the conference's five mid-year enrollees with the potential to make the biggest splash in 2015.
- Danny Shelton still has love for his Montlake roots.
- Todd McShay has a high opinion of Washington's all-time sack leader.
Wash OLB Kikaha has athl limits but grinds. Strng dip+rip to take the corner, and then he's able to hug the rails while engaged. Finisher!— Todd McShay (@McShay13) March 17, 2015
- UCLA's stud recruiter Adrian Klemm has been suspended by the university for breaching various NCAA rules. No official word yet on what the offenses include. Speaking of UCLA recruiting ...
- The entirety of Jon Wilner's seven-part series examining the state of the Pac-12's finances is up for your viewing pleasure.
- Redditor /u/ktffan put together a cool breakdown of FBS teams' records since 2000 when they score 30 points or more. Washington's record in such instances is 63-11, fifth in the Pac-12.
- TechCrunch has a cool look at some different ways that stadium engineers are working to improve the audience experience at live events.
- Former UW tight end and all-around terrible person Jerramy Stevens has been formally charged with driving under the influence (again!) following his January arrest in Manhattan Beach, Calif.
- Arizona State's five-star outside linebacker Davon Durant remains suspended after his arrest on suspicion of aggravated assault and domestic violence, though his accuser, girlfriend Kelsi Langley, now says that she lied about the assault when she first spoke to police. Only one thing is for sure in this situation: No one is coming out of this with a better image and reputation than they had coming into it.
- Finally, some tragic news out of Rochester, N.Y., where authorities have called off the search for Ivan Maisel's son, who went missing Feb. 22. I know I speak for the rest of the UWDP community when I say that our thoughts and prayers are with the Maisels in this incredibly difficult time.
More quarterback prognostications, and news and notes from around the conference.