- Scott Eklund caught up with UW commit Nick Harris, who says that he is excited to be a Husky. Nick says that a few Pac-12 schools have picked up interest in him over the season, but none have offered. He will take his official visit to UW in mid-January.
- Following the commitment of 2018 QB Jacob Sirmon last weekend, Eklund takes a look at what the commitment means for the 2018 recruiting class.
- Kim Grinolds spoke with Foster Sarrell this week and the stud Graham-Kapowsin OT says UW is doing really well with his recruitment.
- Rivals updated their rankings for the 2017 class and they took a look at the risers and sliders which includes quite a few Washington targets.
- With the fallout in recent days at Texas A&M, Aggie and UW target Byron Murphy spoke with AZCentral.com about how that could affect his decision.
- AZ Central also profiled Daniel Bridge-Gadd and his remarkable career at the helm of the Paradise Valley football program.
- SB Nation recruiting analyst Bud Elliott takes a stab at predicting where some of the top remaining uncommitted prospects will land.
- 2017 4-star WR Terrell Bynum spoke with Brandon Huffman this week. He says Washington continues to have a heavy presence in his recruiting and he also spoke about the firing of Brent Pease who had been his main recruiter. Terrell says the firing proves why recruits need to commit to the school rather than the coaching staff.
- Elite DE Levi Onwuzurike released his list of top 4 schools and Washington made the cut alongside Arizona State, Baylor, and Michigan. Scout's Southwest recruiting analysts don't have a lot of confidence in Levi coming to the Northwest.
- Rumors had been swirling for months that 4-star CB David Long's commitment to Stanford was anything but solid, and they proved true on Friday when he announced his decommitment from the Cardinal. Long says it is now a head-to-head race between Michigan and Washington. He will take his final visit to Washington the weekend of January 15th and will make his final commitment shortly after, sometime between January 18th and 20th.
- I missed this last week, but 5-star receiver recently mentioned in an interview with Scout that he is mulling over taking a visit to Washington. He will be very tough to pull away from Southern California.
- The guys from Dawgman.com held their weekly radio show yesterday which included a bunch of info regarding football recruiting.
- 4-star receiver Dylan Crawford included Washington in his list of final 6 schools:
Final 6ix. #8clap #canes #wolverines #huskies #nerdnation #ducks s/o @Hayesfawcett3 pic.twitter.com/hQ2uMwMYM3— d cRaw (@kekoa_cRAWford) December 19, 2015
- 3-star OLB Troy Cassidy is deciding between Boise State, San Diego State, and Washington:
2016 3-star Carlsbad (Calif.) OLB Troy Cassidy told me he's mainly considering #BoiseState, #SDSU and #Washington https://t.co/7A14tOU4X7— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) December 14, 2015
- 2017 DE Hunter Echols likes what he sees from the Dawgs:
This is cool Dawgz pic.twitter.com/HUxcsGRpIp— HUNTER (@hunter_tyb) December 14, 2015