- In the past month UW commit Kentrell Love has received offers from both of the LA schools, but he continues to say that his commitment to the Huskies is solid. He says his family has been suggesting he visit the local schools though Kentrell says he has not yet decided whether or not that will happen. Jimmy Lake will have to fight off a late push from USC and UCLA to keep the Corona Centennial prospect on board.
- Another CB to keep an eye on is Myles Bryant from Loyola High in LA. Bryant was thought to be on the verge of committing to UW back in the summer, but held off in order to take his visits and make sure he made the right choice. Washington coaches are still after him and he plans on taking an official visit to Washington in January.
- Texas DE and top 100 recruit Levi Onwuzurike tells Scout that he will narrow his list of schools to a top 4 around the end of his team's season. Onwuzurike will be a tough one for UW to pull in, especially after losing Jeff Choate who was his main contact, but he had a great visit in October and the defensive coaches at UW have proven they know how to develop players and send them to the league.
- The Trinity League in Southern California is said to be one of the toughest high school football leagues in the country and has produced an innumerable amount of NFL players. 3 Washington commits landed on the Trinity All-League team this season, including 2 MVP honors. Sean McGrew was named league player of the year, Luke Wattenberg was voted one of the MVP linemen, and Nick Harris landed on the first-team All-League.
- It's now a three-way race for 4-star WR Javon McKinley as it appears UCLA is no longer in contention:
Centennial WR Javon McKinley will no longer visit #UCLA this weekend, #NotreDame #Washington and #Oregon finalists https://t.co/C41idmiboF— Greg Biggins (@GregBiggins) December 9, 2015
- Yet another DB to keep tabs on is Keyon Riley out of Servite in Anaheim. UW coaches have been on him for a long time and Riley says he is planning on visiting Washington as soon as the dead period is over in mid-January.
- Looking ahead to 2017, Washington is in good spots for a number of talented seniors-to-be, one of which is DE Jaelan Phillips from Redlands East Valley - the school that produced Chris Polk and Andrew Hudson. Jaelan has already made it up to Seattle for an unofficial visit and says he's currently favoring UCLA, Oregon, and UW.
- 5-star JUCO DE Jonathan Kongbo took an unofficial visit to Montlake yesterday and says he had a great time. Kongbo said he really appreciated how the UW coaches included his parents during the whole visit. He is currently committed to Tennessee, but that's obviously a soft verbal. Jonathan says he will return to Seattle for an official visit sometime in January.
I want to thank the staff at Washington for showing me around today ! pic.twitter.com/c8OuwpKl3x— Jonathan Kongbo III (@King_Kongbo) December 13, 2015
- After decommitting from USC in October, 5-star LB Mique Juarez has seen his recruitment explode. One of the teams recruiting him the hardest is Washington. Juarez told his local newspaper this week that UW coaches would like to play him both ways, similar to Shaq Thompson. Mique visited Washington last week and by the sound of it he came away very impressed. He said one thing that stood out most to him was the genuine brotherhood feel of the locker room and how close everybody is. Originally planning on committing at the US Army All-America game, he has now pushed that date back to signing day following his UW visit. Mique is graduating early and should be available for spring ball.
- Mique followed up his successful official visit to UW by hosting Chris Petersen for an in-home visit a couple days later:
Coach Petersen in the House!! Go Dawgs pic.twitter.com/QdSJAOPgf9— Mique (@miquejuarez3) December 11, 2015
- 4-star WR Zach Farrar was also up at UW this weekend:
#GoDawgs pic.twitter.com/1L6hH6wl3C— Zach Moss Farrar (@ZachFarrar3) December 13, 2015
- After reaffirming his commitment to UW, Amandre Williams joined Farrar, Kongbo, and Juarez on campus yesterday: