Kearse, Seahawks shine in victory
The Seattle Seahawks (6-5) picked up a key 39-30 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5) Sunday to move one game over the .500 mark behind a solid effort from former Husky Jermaine Kearse. Russell Wilson threw two of his five touchdown strikes to Kearse, who finished with 47 yards on four receptions. The solid effort by Kearse was overshadowed by fellow receiver Doug Baldwin's 145 yards and three touchdowns. Still, Sunday's performance might prove to be enough to get Kearse on track after starting the season slow, including three games with out a reception.
Russell Wilson is getting surgical. Carving up the Steelers D and finding Jermaine Kearse for a huge 4th Quarter TD. https://t.co/ue6ydsJ6ZM— NFL (@NFL) November 30, 2015
Travis Coons had a chance to beat the Baltimore Ravens on a field goal to end the game for the second time this season, but it was not meant to be. Coons was denied on a 51-yard field goal attempt with three seconds left, seeing his kick blocked and then returned for a game winning touchdown as the Ravens (4-7) knocked off the Browns (2-9) 33-27 on Monday night. Earlier in the night Coons had set an NFL record with 18 straight field goals with out a miss to begin an NFL career. Danny Shelton had one tackle in the loss for the Browns.
The Houston Texans (6-5) remained in a AFC South first place tie with the Indianapolis Colts with a 24-6 victory over the New Orleans Saints (4-7). Ex-Husky Chris Polk had six receptions for 21 yards and a six yard reception for the Texans in the victory. Hau'oli Kikaha had three tackles against Houston for the Saints in the losing effort.
A pair of ex-Huskies, Dashon Goldson and Mason Foster helped the Washington Redskins (5-6) hold off the New York Giants (5-6) to move into a first place tie in the NFC East. Goldson continued to add to what has already been a solid 2015 campaign, contributing 7 tackles in the victory. Foster had one tackle for a 'Skins defense that held the Giants off the board until the fourth quarter of their 20-14 victory.
Around the NFL
- Shaq Thompson recorded a pair of tackles as the Carolina Panthers (11-0) remained perfect on the season with a 33-14 victory over the Dallas Cowboys (3-8) on Thanksgiving Day
- Fullback Marcel Reece had one reception for seven yards as the Oakland Raiders (5-6) defeated the Tennessee Titans (2-9) 24-21. The Titans Bishop Sankey was active but saw no meaningful action in the loss Sunday.
- Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins remained inactive with a shoulder injury for the Tampa Bay Bucs (5-6) as they lost to the Indianapolis Colts (6-5) 25-12
- Marcus Peters had two tackles and a pair of pass deflections as the Kansas City Chiefs (6-5) remained hot, holding off the Buffalo Bills (5-6) 30-22 this weekend
- Desmond Trufant had a solid game with seven tackles for the Atlanta Falcons (6-5) Sunday. However, his team remained in a slump, falling to the Minnesota Vikings (8-3) 20-10
- Donald Butler had a tackle for the San Diego Chargers (3-8) as they ended a six game losing streak with a 31-25 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars (4-7)
Follow me on Twitter @GQuintero_84 and check us out @UWonSBN